1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2000 2.4 automatic transmission not fully engaging

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by wackyzacky, Apr 28, 2012.

1. wackyzacky

wackyzacky [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 single cab 2.4 stepside
    hey dudes last night on my way home my friends were blasting the stereo so i couldnt hear my truck as i was the DD so it felt a little funny but i think that alot while having loud music
    a few miles down the road i notice a small amount of smoke in my rear view mirror and hit the gas inbetween songs, i was in drive and it just reved and very slowly taking off my rpm was very high
    so i push through to my friends house reving super high while going about 25-30
    when i go to park reverse doesnt work at all and i get hit with that burning clutch smell
    to my knowlege the fluid has never been changed and the brake check light has been on for the last 6 months with no noticable problems
    i did notice the day prior and that day my car did seem a tiny bit sluggish but i just tacked that onto me being 2000 mi. over my usual oil change
    can someone please help me figure out where to start looking for problems

2. LDurchy

LDurchy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cedar Falls, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    I'm guessing that somehow, you lost transmission fluid. Could be something hit the transmission cooler or line and you lost fluid.

To Top