1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2000 tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by poseytaco, Jan 5, 2012.

1. poseytaco

poseytaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nicholas
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    Bone stock
    I'm a new member to this forum, but have used it for advice for many years. Finally got around to joining. I bought a 99 taco back in 2002. After diving it for a few years I realized how much I enjoyed it. I did a lot of camping and climbing at the time and was amazed by where I could take it. It was a completely stock reg. cab 4x4, but normally I would have to haul my buddies to all the places their trucks couldn't make it to. I thought I would keep that truck for the rest of my life. In late October of this year I received a letter from Toyota about the dreaded frame rust issue. Before scheduling my appointment I checked the frame myself and found nothing more than regular surface rust. Minimal in my opinion considering what I had put my truck through for the last ten years, but decided to let the experts inspect it. A few hours after taking it to the dealership for inspection I got the FAILED frame call. I was devastated. The dealership informed me that Toyota corporate would be contacting me with details on my options. Long story short. Toyota bought my truck back at a very fair price. I needed a new vehicle. It never crossed my mind to buy anything other than a Tacoma. I wanted the exact same truck that I had. Even though Toyota failed my truck, there was no doubt in my mind that I could have driven that truck for another ten years. With that said I set out to find another one. Only filters on my search were: low miles, between yrs. 98-2000, manual, and reg. Cab. It only took me 2 months to find a truck to meet that criteria. I bought a 2000 reg cab, super low miles, even the same color as my old one. This truck is in a lot better shape than my 99 when I bought it in 2002. The frame was inspected in June and passed with flying colors. It was also undercoated. The only thing different was the transmission, auto. I was unsure about the auto because I had been so used to the manual. So far so good with the auto. Hopefully it will be as good offroad as my old manual. I do like having a free hand though. Thanks for having me on this forum. I look forward to many posts..:)

2. TacomaCowboy

TacomaCowboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    robert
    San Antone TX
    Vehicle:
    06 black DCLB TRD Sport
    grill craft grill, K&N CAI
    I have a manual in my crawler, but all my attention is dedicated to driving and i like the challenge (smell of clutch), but i loved my auto trans in the 2000 taco. was great for spot lighting :)

3. himmie

himmie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sarah
    AZ-WI
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Visit the Build.
    Welcome to TW!

4. RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome aboard! :wave:

5. poseytaco

poseytaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nicholas
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    Bone stock
    Thanks guys.

6. wolftree

wolftree Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Regular cab automatic trans,
    Rear Leaf TSB, Bilstein 5100s, extra leaf added
    Welcome to TW.

7. Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD OR S/C 4x4
    TRD S/C, Full OME Suspension, LR UCAs, Relentless Front Bumper, Derpwerx Fab HC Rear Bumper, 285/75/16 Revos, XD Hoss Wheels, Safari Snorkel, Infiniti FX-R HID Retrofit, Airbags in rear, Optima Yellow top, Besttop, All-Pro Skid, All-Pro HD Sliders
    :wave: Welcome to TW :D

8. 4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Longtime Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Silver State Edition
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s Click the sig pic to see the build thread .
    [​IMG]Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV[​IMG]

9. leftytaco

leftytaco New Member

Member:
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    00 TRD 4X4
    Found the factory color code on the door jamb and found my color.
    My 2000 Tacoma is Horizon Blue Metallic. It actually looks kind of purple. is this a 'rare' color ? Anyone have one this color?

10. sean266

sean266 "The Situa-Seen" Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Denver area
    Vehicle:
    Tundra TRD Crewmax Limited
    Toytec BOSS Tundra Kit Black Tundra badges Window tint Stubby antenna Interior led's Center console mag light mod Center console gun holster mod LP leds Switched out chrome mirror caps/exterior door handles to black OEM. Nitto Terra Grappler G2's MotoMetal 971 18x9 wheels
    Welcome!

Edit: 2 years late

To Top