1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2002 Taco System Question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by scrouch7x, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Dec 26, 2008 at 11:50 AM
    scrouch7x

scrouch7x [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma Prerunner
    I've just gotten a whole system for Xmas and needed some help. I have replaced all 4 speakers with 6x8 Pioneer TS-A6872 r's and the 2 tweeters with Infinity 107t's, all 4 ohm. Headend is an Alpine CDA-9884 and Amp is an Alpine MRP-F250 and a Kenwood Powered Enclosed Sub KSC-SW10. The amp and sub will mount under the seat. Should I power the sub from the pre-outs of the headend or the Pre-outs of the Amp? Any suggestions on 2-ohm vs 4-ohm wiring would be great also. If needed, I can give specs on each device. Thanks

2. Jan 2, 2009 at 10:58 AM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    Authorized Hybrid Audio Technologies Dealer (www.hybrid-audio.com) ARC Audio amplifiers, subs, processors now available! Helix Processors now available! For you super high end guys Brax amplifiers will be available soon! (PICS HERE and new website coming soon with Subwoofers, Amplifiers, Wiring Kits)
    I would power the sub from the headunit preouts so that you can have control of it's volume separately. I'm not quite sure I am understanding your question about 4 ohm vs 2ohm(?) but in any case if all of the speakers are 4 ohm and each is on it's own channel the amp will "see" 4 ohms on each channel.

To Top