1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2003 4 cyl strange start

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by frogbarm, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Jan 1, 2010 at 4:53 AM
    frogbarm

frogbarm [OP] New Member

Member:
    florida
    Vehicle:
    03 base model
    Hello, I have a 2003 4cyl that always starts right away with no problems. It has 32000 miles and yesterday I had to move it in the driveway. It started fine I moved it 10 feet and turned it off. Later I went back and it would start right away after several attempts it start blew a cloud of white smoke and had a heavy exhaust fume smell, and ran at a strange idle, it also had a lot of water come out of exhast pipe. I turned it off and havent tried to start it since. I live in florida and usaully it is hot, however it has been going down to the 40's at night then warming to the 70's during day, does a head gasket go that quick? Any Ideas,
    thanks

2. Jan 24, 2010 at 10:39 PM
    trucklover63

trucklover63 Active Member

Member:
    illinois
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner sr5
    when you start one and only move it a very short distance,like to wash it in the driveway,or move out of the garage,when u shut it off that quick,the engine floods...to restart it,just hold the gas pedal to the floor until it starts and then rev it up just a little to clear out the excess gas...the smoke and rough idle was from excessive gas in the cylinders and the exhaust.

Products Discussed in

To Top