1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2003 4Runner V6 Check oil light problem! Need some help!

Discussion in '4Runners' started by Bamahoyt, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Mar 7, 2012 at 6:57 AM
    Bamahoyt

Bamahoyt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport DC LB 4x4
    I drove on a 600 mile round trip to oklahoma this weekend but on the way there I passed a guy and then as I was slowing back down from passing him my check oil light came on. I pulled over and then checked my oil and the level was perfect. I turned my T4R back on and... no check oil light so I headed on my way. About 25miles down the road I came to a town and the speed limit went from 65 to 35 and as I was slowing down, my check oil light came on again. I pulled over and checked once again and it was still good. I proceeded to buy a quart of oil and I put 1/2 a quart in and started it back up and.. no oil light. I went the next 300 miles and no check oil light and it was fine. My truck sat for 3 days then I came home and I never saw the light come on again until about 30 miles from home when I passed a guy and started slowing down again and my light came on again and my oil was still good. It stayed on the rest of my way home and when I pulled in the drive way I heard a slight knock so I shut it down right away and I started it back up and my oil light was off and no knocking at all. What the heck is going on? My first guess would be my oil pump going bad but I really have no clue. Any help would be awesome because I don't want to put one more mile on it and risk damaging something. My T4R is an 2003 limited with 113k miles with the V6 if that helps any. Thank you for your help!

2. Mar 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    05RedTaco

05RedTaco Nom Nom Nom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Scottsdale
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma XtraCab 2.7L 4x4
    oil pump!!!

DO NOT drive it until you replace it.

3. Mar 8, 2012 at 7:27 PM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    u need to put anoil pdessure gauge on it......

Products Discussed in

To Top