1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005>2011 Volant CAI 4.0

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by PMK, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Jun 9, 2013 at 5:09 PM
    PMK

PMK [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors
    Volant CAI for 2005 to 2011 4.0 liter Tacomas, FJ’s and X Runners

Around 3000 miles total use.

Airbox is lined with sound deadening mat.

Airfilter has been protected by an Outerwears Prefilter, that keeps the oiled filter cleaner, prevents pleat clogging and provides a water repellent outer layer wrap for the filter and engine air intake.

MAF mount includes custom spacers to properly secure the MAF sensor without any leakage or stress to the sensor.

Has shorter airbox mounting hardware to provide less protrusion of the bolts into the fenderwell preventing any possible tire contact when suspension bottoms out.

The Volant cover / lid for the CAI is polished aluminum. Not the cheap looking rainbow print or fake printed carbon fiber.

All hoses, hardware are included and proper for an easy simple plug and play install.

I also have a never installed clear cover / lid I will include.

This CAI ran very well on my truck for the short time it was installed. I never got a check engine light or saw any codes. The engine ran strong and the intake sound when your foot is in it was there but not obnoxious.

In summary, a Volant bought new does not include the Outerwears prefilter, the MAF spacers and stainless mounting screws to prevent air leaks around the MAF which can cause CEL or allow dirt to enter the engine. Also not included with a new CAI is the short mounting hardware, and properly routed and trimmed breather and vacuum hose. Last is the CAI airbox interior is lined with sound deadening mat and clear cover.

Why am I selling it, first off, not 100% sure I want to. Overall though, I don’t drive the truck hard enough to need the what seems like better mid and upper mid range power. I swapped back to my previous oem airbox with the Volant scoop and the engine output seems better for how I drive.

$200 plus shipping from 33411, paypal fees if you pay by that method. Local pickup is fine also.

PK

IMG_3552copy for ad.jpg

2. Sep 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    Jrahn0822

Jrahn0822 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Northwest Iowa
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab Long Bed TRD Flatbed
    Black Diamond Flatbed, K&N CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, Model T emblem, black headlights
    Assuming sold?

3. Sep 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    dbs1

dbs1 2010 Tacoma

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl cab 4x4
    SC w/urd pulley, afe cai, DTLT's, TRD cat back. 365 hp. Custom black/green paint with tonnneau cover, westin bar with lights, aero force gauges.
    Gone?

4. Sep 3, 2013 at 3:21 PM
    PMK

PMK [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors
    Long Gone

PK

To Top