1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005 - 2023 Archive Garage Premium Shackle Flip Lift Kit

Discussion in 'Archive Garage' started by ARCHIVE, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Jul 5, 2016 at 8:32 PM
    ARCHIVE

ARCHIVE [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Orchard Park, NY (Buffalo)
    Vehicle:
    '05 Taco, '22 Tundra, '91 Cummins
    2.5" Fox relocation * Hammer hanger * Archive MD springs
    Bryan, can you please share the part number for the B110's you used?

2. Jul 5, 2016 at 8:35 PM
    kumz

kumz Well-Known Member

Member:
    I ended up moving my shackle mounts 1.25" forward from the forward most position. Shackle angle is now perfect with dakars. Ill try to post a pic if I can get photobucket to upload.

Littles and ARCHIVE[OP] like this.
  3. Jul 5, 2016 at 8:39 PM
    ARCHIVE

ARCHIVE [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Orchard Park, NY (Buffalo)
    Vehicle:
    '05 Taco, '22 Tundra, '91 Cummins
    2.5" Fox relocation * Hammer hanger * Archive MD springs
    Thank you, please do

4. Jul 6, 2016 at 6:55 AM
    Littles

Littles Stupid is as stupid does.

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Elizabeth, CO
    Vehicle:
    3 tons of fun
    This probably what I am going to do. Looking forward to seeing it

5. Jul 6, 2016 at 6:57 AM
    Littles

Littles Stupid is as stupid does.

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Elizabeth, CO
    Vehicle:
    3 tons of fun
    Ordered from @Wheeler's Off-Road, Inc

Part # BE5-B110-T5

6. Jul 6, 2016 at 10:42 AM
    kumz

kumz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Full droop/compression
    IMG_0695-2.jpg
    IMG_0696-1.jpg

Ride height
    IMG_0697-1.jpg

This setup is moved 1.25" forward of the forward most hole in the archive mount. I ended up drilling 3 additional holes in the archive mount, and 2 additional holes in my frame. I still have the cross member bolted in. If you guys need more pics, let me know. I am running dakar springs, icon extended travel shocks.

singletrack_ftw, Durdy, Crom and 4 others like this.
  7. Jul 6, 2016 at 10:55 AM
    Pigpen

Pigpen My truck is never clean

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC Manual 4.0 4x4 Base Model
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    I'd love to see more. I'm still on the fence on this kit for the reason of the shackle angles. My B110s and Dakars are on the truck and I just got my 29" brake lines in the mail yesterday.

Thanks!

singletrack_ftw likes this.
  8. Jul 6, 2016 at 11:44 AM
    Adventurous

Adventurous Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    15 DCLB SR5
    If I could achieve the angles you are showing in your pictures Kumz I would be all over this.

Mr.PowerTrays and Pigpen like this.
  9. Jul 6, 2016 at 11:47 AM
    deeezy

deeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dana
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 DC, 6 spd, TRD Sport
    King ext travel coilovers, Icon tubular UCA's Rear-King "Tundra" 2.5's, Allpro Expos, TRD cat-back, Hurst/Core short shift kit, etc...
    You did a good job Kumz! I wish this kit allowed for these angles right out of the box.

10. Jul 6, 2016 at 11:50 AM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    x2

11. Jul 6, 2016 at 11:53 AM
    utroda

utroda Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB SR5 4x4
    We've been thinking of doing this with the all pro expo pack, and 12" kings

12. Jul 6, 2016 at 12:00 PM
    deeezy

deeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dana
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 DC, 6 spd, TRD Sport
    King ext travel coilovers, Icon tubular UCA's Rear-King "Tundra" 2.5's, Allpro Expos, TRD cat-back, Hurst/Core short shift kit, etc...
    Just by looking at Kumz's pics, he gained more droop by having his shackle at more of a 45 degree at ride height. You can see how much more the shackle moves now compared to how it was originally (closer to vertical at ride height).

Mr.PowerTrays likes this.
  13. Jul 6, 2016 at 12:04 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, it looks good. I'm looking for an out of the box bolt on that accomplishes this.

14. Jul 6, 2016 at 12:24 PM
    kumz

kumz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Its very very simple to do. Just a matter of drilling a few more holes. Id even recommend to archive to drill more mounting holes in the shackle flip. Gives much more adjustability with spring packs of different lengths or ride height.

As for the droop - I didn't gain very much by moving the bracket forward. It brought my ride height back to where I wanted it, and smoothed out the ride a bit. Ill try to get full profile shots of the truck with the axle drooped out. My leaf pack is now the limiting factor. Still got like an inch left in the shock. Had to extend the TRD E locker harness about an inch as well. Lots of travel :bananadance:

Crom, ARCHIVE[OP], Littles and 2 others like this.
  15. Jul 6, 2016 at 12:26 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Perfect. I'm not looking for lift out of this, just a good ride and LOTS of droop. MOAR PICS! Thanks

16. Jul 6, 2016 at 12:33 PM
    kumz

kumz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yeah, initially I had around 1.5" of lift on top of the Dakar pack. I ride motorcycles a lot, and am a borderline midget (5'5"), so it got pretty interesting loading bikes in the truck lol. I didn't want to crank my coils to the max either. Big fan of lowest ride height possible. By moving the mount forward, its back to my normal ride height. Im super stoked on this kit.

17. Jul 6, 2016 at 12:49 PM
    Adventurous

Adventurous Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    15 DCLB SR5
    Please Archive sir, would you be so kind as to have a few additional holes lasered out that are in line with what Kumz did?

Mr.PowerTrays and Pigpen like this.
  18. Jul 6, 2016 at 12:52 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Or at least drilled

19. Jul 6, 2016 at 3:48 PM
    alvinfromhawaii

alvinfromhawaii Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM Tacoma DCSB V6 TRD Offroad
    Supercharged, Magnaflow, Volant,
    This product looks awesome!

Sorry, I may have missed this in the thread and not that familiar with rear suspension stuff.

Want to confirm this will work with ICON mini 3 add a leaf pack + King 2.5 shocks?

Edit: Strike this "Will I need limit straps since I am not running extended travel shocks?" I am running extended travel shocks.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  20. Jul 6, 2016 at 3:51 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Without extended travel shocks, there's no real reason to do this.

deeezy likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top