1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005 3" Lift Help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BigBro, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Mar 11, 2012 at 7:42 PM
    BigBro

BigBro [OP] Husband & Daddy ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    2005, PreRunner, SR5, Crew Cab, Radiant Red
    Anytime Fog light mod, Rack Mounted OffRoad Lights, Rear Mounted Bed/Reverse Lights, Painted Hood Cover, Painted Lower Front Bumper, Replaced Rear Bumper from chrome to black.
    I'd like to get anywhere from a 2-5" lift.... I want true 3" lift but if its a little less or a bit more I could live with it.
    I've been reading and it seems everyone on here recommends 1500's.... I don't know a ton when it comes to the underneath of my truck, but I think I read tjat the 1500's will give me up to 2.75" lift in the front?

I want to go up about 3" in the front and back, but I really can't kill my bank doing it. Bit i als don't want to go sooo cheap that it looks, drives, or whatever, like crap!!!!!
    If yall have recommendations on what to use front and back and about what it will run, or where I should buy from that would be great!

A friend said I might be able to get rear shackles for it and get about 2" out of them for about $40 but I read on a different forum that you can't use shackles with 2nd Gen Tacos?

Truck specs are:
    2005 4.0 V6
    Crew Cab 5 speed Automatic.
    Two wheel drive 2x4
    245/75/r16 on it right now...

Thanks for any help!!

2. Mar 13, 2012 at 2:05 AM
    BigBro

BigBro [OP] Husband & Daddy ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    2005, PreRunner, SR5, Crew Cab, Radiant Red
    Anytime Fog light mod, Rack Mounted OffRoad Lights, Rear Mounted Bed/Reverse Lights, Painted Hood Cover, Painted Lower Front Bumper, Replaced Rear Bumper from chrome to black.
  3. Mar 13, 2012 at 4:16 PM
    VanCity4x

VanCity4x Well-Known Member

Member:
    AB
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    3link on tons
    I used the Daystar 2.5'' lift kit. Front strut spacer and rear blocks. Looks and drives nice. Only cost me $180 with alignment. Got the kit used. Slight rear vibration, hardly noticable but going to fix it with carrier baring drop. I have a picture in my build thread (last post)

Also putting new shocks on the rear for stiffer ride but its not required.

In the suspension thread, there tones of write ups and reviews.

Products Discussed in

To Top