1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005 Sport Tranny Flush

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by LGE RAW, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Jun 19, 2012 at 7:35 PM
    LGE RAW

LGE RAW [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Dothan
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Off Road DCSB 6AT Magnetic Gray Metallic
    New Mods in the works.
    So I've been wanting to flush my tranny for 6 months or so due to shifting getting a little harsh and the tranny making a clunking sound about 5 seconds after stopping. Reading the posts on here about the scheduled flush being moved from 100k to 60k got me a little concerned. I talked to the local service dept about the job and he said it was not needed till 100k, but that they didn't have the machine to flush the sealed tranny. This past weekend I take a trip to Destin, Fl. to get some red snapper for my summer grilling needs and think that maybe the local dealer there can do it. The closest dealer is 55 miles away in Panama City. I call them up and the service manager says sure, they can do it. He also says that Toyota requires that i be informed that the WS fluid is a lifetime fluid and that they do not recommend that it ever be changed. I said the only way I would follow that advice is with a lifetime tranny warranty. He laughs, says they open at 8 on Saturday morning. I said sign me up, I'll be there. So I get up around 7, shower and drive down scenic 98 watching the waves as possible. They take the truck right on back. Again, the service manager says just so you know, this is lifetime fluid and you have to sign this paper acknowledging you know this. It takes about an hour and forty five minutes to get the work done. I check out everything from the $72k Land Cruiser to the Tacomas. The Tundras are freakin huge! The one with the 4.7L engine has better epa mileage rating than the Tacoma. Go figure. They get done, sign the requisite papers, and I'm out. The first thing I notice is how smooth the Taco shifts. Then on the open road and at the lights, no clunking after stopping. Seriously, this tranny feels brand new! I feel a lot better knowing there is no dirty fluid flowing through the lines, and i hope to go another 60k miles before I need a tranny service. So dang happy I stopped by PCB Cigars, talked to Pete and picked me up 4 fine stogies from one of the biggest humidors I've been in to go with the grin on my mug....

Products Discussed in

To Top