1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005 Stock PreRunner- Build Ideas

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tex4141, Aug 13, 2009.

?

Overall color theme to go with black?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2009.
  1. White

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dark Purple (black lights)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Orange

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Blue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Black

25.0%
  6. Red

25.0%
  7. Green

12.5%
  8. Black on Black

37.5%
  9. Chromed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other (specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aug 13, 2009 at 3:18 PM
    Tex4141

Tex4141 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Lemoore
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Sport
    None yet......trying to figure out where to start ;)
    Alright, FINALLY got my truck :D :D :D Black 2005 DC PreRunner Sport with LSD (no locker :mad:). Been looking around and trying to figure out where to start. My buddy just bought an X-Runner and is installing all sorts of LED's in the cab and in the hood. Been trying to get some ideas. Not sure if I want to go with black/chrome, black/white, black/blue, black/orange, etc.... He even mentioned doing black lights in the cab and an over all black and subtle dark purple look. I'm looking for suspension, versatility, and looks. I probably won't be mudding, but I want to be able to handle ANY small trails, gravel, dirt roads (which I know the Runner can do anyway :p).
    Tacoskim, man I really dig your ride :thumbsup: Just trying to figure out a general "theme" to shoot for, and go from there. Kind of thinking a true "Prerunner" kind of look with a bit of sand/off-road capability. Initially I wanted to do some wheeling, but this will be more of a long distance cruiser / weekend "baja" / camping rig. I'll be looking at older 4x4's in the near future for a true crawler. But for now, looking for opinions and suggestions on where to start. I know we can all agree, Taco's look sick just sitting there. But I want to make it pop out a bit, and give it some utility (as much as you can with a PreRunner). Suspension, wheels/tires, paint scheme, lights, shocks, nerf bars (maybe sliders?), interior, exterior, gimme what you got. Ok GO!!! :D

..........and I'll post pics soon when I get my camera working :(

2. Aug 14, 2009 at 11:10 AM
    Tex4141

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Lemoore
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Ok, so I've added a poll. Here's what I need:
    I'm looking for a general color scheme to go with my black DC PreRunner. I've seen a lot of blacked out Tacos, and they look sick!! :cool: Would like to throw some color in there though. Still could go with black, kinda unsure. Thus.......the poll :D
    Just need a general color scheme to base everything on the truck. Then I can start getting some ideas on what I wanna start first.
    I've seen the white Taco's with the blacked out badges, rims, accessories, etc and that looks amazing. I'm wondering if a black Taco with white accents would look as good :confused: I'm open to all suggestions, please post pic examples if you have em. Thanks!!! :D

3. Aug 14, 2009 at 11:22 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Welcome to the board man. Congrats on the new ride, BSP FTFW. Check out the thread with all the BSP tacoma pics for ideas. I'm going with the black/black theme myself.. with a hint of red here and there (from TRD of course). Not to heavy into lighting, used to do it to my old cars when I was younger.... so I respect it and all that... blue interior lighting's always been my fav though.

Some visual mods I'd suggest checking out (some I'll be doing myself later):
    - Satoshi Grill
    - Wet okole or black leather (even better if you can afford)
    - leather arm rest (check upper links)
    - BLHM (first thing you should do, no question there)
    - Black badges or debadge (i'm still on the fence, but I think i'm gunna debadge here pretty quick).

From there... it never stops

4. Aug 14, 2009 at 11:33 AM
    Tex4141

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Lemoore
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Sport
    I have a feeling it's going to be a disease :D:D:D:D:D:D

what about the white badges on a black body? Don't think I've ever seen that before...

5. Aug 14, 2009 at 11:42 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Haven't seen that yet myself... interesting idea but I dunno how well it'd turn out. Try it :D

6. Aug 14, 2009 at 11:49 AM
    steveh_2007

steveh_2007 Pro Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    NW Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport PreRunner
    TRD Baja Suspension, FN Wheels BFD, TRD Cat-back Exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, TRD GrillCraft MX Grilles, FX-R 3.0 Bi-Xenon Retrofit with Osram CBI Bulbs, OEM Navigation/Bluetooth/Backup Camera Retrofit, WeatherTech Floorliners, Valentine One, ScanGuage II with custom V1/SGII BlendMount
    Murdered out is the way to go...

Products Discussed in

To Top