1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2006 Tacoma Bumper Help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sidless, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Nov 20, 2011 at 2:37 PM
    sidless

sidless [OP] New Member

Member:
    Carrollton, Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Hi,
    Got rear-ended by an uninsured driver which destroyed the rear bumper shell and bumper support on my '06 Prerunner. Had to remove the whole mess when I couldn't get my spare tire out, so now I have no rear bumper (not happy at all about that). Gotta pay for repairs myself since I've been told my insurance will double if I file a claim as they have no way to recover from the other driver. The dealer wants about $950 for the entire support/shell pkg. Anybody know a junkyard or auto recycler where I might be able to pick up the bumper support? Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Nov 20, 2011 at 4:47 PM
    over60

over60 "Grumpy Old Guy"

Member:
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno (Punkin) TRD 4X4 Sport DCLB w/upgrade & tech pkg..!!
    Toyota running boards/Solid Fold 2.0/custom stickers/Anti-Dark LED light under hood/Derped grill/
    Don't you have "uninsured driver insurance" ..??? I have it for real cheap....

Wish you luck though... that really stinks and makes you want to go to his place and trash his house or something...right??

3. Nov 20, 2011 at 4:49 PM
    youradhere

youradhere Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner TRD Off-Road
    If the other driver has no insurance, you are going to be forced to take them to small claims court...

4. Nov 20, 2011 at 4:52 PM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    If your gonna redo it I would put a relentless fabrication bumper on or an equivalant, the next guy who does this will get destroyed. Sorry about your truck, cops need to step it up on the laws about this crap.

5. Nov 21, 2011 at 11:35 AM
    sidless

sidless [OP] New Member

Member:
    Carrollton, Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Wish I could go after the guy but no dice. He was an illegal who was able to provide the cops with registration, insurance, and drivers license; problem was none of it was real. Fake documents is a big problem for those who live in the border states.

Been looking at the aftermarket stuff and really like it, and will probably go in that direction. Thanks for all the replies!

6. Nov 21, 2011 at 11:46 AM
    Mr Salty

Mr Salty "Give up the good to go for the great"

Member:
    First Name:
    Hermmy
    SoCal (Bro Capital of the world)
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 Pre-runner
    Lots of chrome
    Allpro has a pretty sweet bumper as well, when I decide to change my wimpy foil bumper out for a real one I'm going this route. They make one with a built in tow hitch so you can remove the factory hitch and get more rear clearance.

To Top