1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2006 Tacoma TRD qualify for susp TSB?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Fabulous, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Jul 17, 2009 at 5:04 PM
    Fabulous

Fabulous [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma double-cab TRD Sport
    Homertaco grill, Light Racing UCA's, 2.8" front lift (5100's at 0.85 setting and Eibach springs) 2" AAL with rear 5100's, Wet Okole seat covers fr/ bk. 17 x 9 Incubus Crusher wheels w/ 4.5" backspacing. 30% tinted front windows.
    I'm buying a 2006 double cab TRD in a few days, and have read on here about the suspension TSB, and when I phoned Toyota Canada, they didn't know ahat I was talking about?! Anyone know the canadian TSB number? Also, if the 3 year comprehensive has expired, I'm gonna have to pay for this out of my pocket, right? I just need to haul two dirt bikes in the back...will this be a problem? Pre purchase said the leaf springs squeek a bit, is that part of the problem? Sorry for all the questions, just want to be informed...

Thanks.

2. Jul 17, 2009 at 5:17 PM
    prae

prae Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 SR5 BSP DCLB
    Bilstein 5100s, eibach springs, AAL, TRD anthracite FJC rims, PIAA Fogs, Pace-Edwards hard rolling tonneau
    wrong, 2006 tacomas, even those sold in canada, did not come standard with the 4 leaf TSB pack.

to the OP, i have an '06 outside of comprehensive with the 3leaf and i find it just fine, and I regularly haul some good loads. Dont do much towing though.

Don't stress about it, see what you think with the standard leafs, and then if you are feeling like they're inadequate, ask your dealer.

3. Jul 18, 2009 at 4:41 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    If you're out of warrantee, then ....it's not free.

Instead of blowing money on the toyota TSB springs, do some research on aftermarket springs. Lots of options & lots of cost variations in what's available. Research, research, research

To Top