1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2007 catalytic converter - where to buy

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by KentuckyEd, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Sep 19, 2011 at 5:12 AM
    KentuckyEd

KentuckyEd [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Louisville, KY
    Vehicle:
    2012 std cab 4X4 2.7L auto
    At work last night in the Lowes parking lot someone cut off my cat converter. They got 2 other Toyota trucks also. All easy picking with lots of room under there. Where can I buy one of these at a decent price? CSToyota shows list price as $1,545.00 and their price is $1,158.00. I've been unable to find aftermarket converters so far.

Also, can you run a straight pipe on the 2.7 Liter motor instead of the cat? I know there's an O2 sensor that needs to be installed there but you used to be able to do this years back.

Been laid off a while now and only working weekends at Lowes so money for a new converter is pretty tight right now. I'll no longer be parking at the back fence far from the building. Instead I'm going to park right up front as close to the door as I can get. Better a bunch of door dings than this.

Thanks for any leads.

2. Sep 19, 2011 at 5:32 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I have heard that the Walkers are as close to OEM as you can get. There is one on www.rockauto.com for $340. They are a vendor here and offer a 5% discount with use of their code (check their vendor section for latest code). There is also a $40 mail in rebate on that CAT.

Any chance this could get covered under your insurance?

3. Sep 20, 2011 at 4:29 AM
    KentuckyEd

KentuckyEd [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Louisville, KY
    Vehicle:
    2012 std cab 4X4 2.7L auto
    Thanks very much for that lead. My insurance has a $1,000 deductible on both comprehensive and collision so my upfront cost would be high and I don't think I'd get much back.

Products Discussed in

To Top