1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2007 Scion tC Spec Build

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by tacobell007, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Apr 29, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 [OP] Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    After reading through BrokenTusk's 2013 tC build, it made me want to make a build page for my '07.

I got my tC in July of 2012 at Balise Lexus of West Springfield with 91,500 on the clock. The tC has the Camry 2.4L 4 cylinder backed with a 5 speed manual. The car was debadged and had a front emblem delete on it. The only Scion badges left are on the hatch, wheel center caps, and the steering wheel. My first mod within the first two weeks was to change out the factory radio with my Sony Xplod and a dash pocket. Then, I could not drive my car for two and a half weeks because I was going to Myrtle Beach for a week and the Friday before I left I was diagnosed with a seizure disorder; so no driving for a week and a half after I got back, until I could get put on medication :(

Car when I got it...
    -K&N drop in filter
    -TRD shift knob
    -Badgeless front grille
    -LED parking lights and plate lights
    -Debadged

Mods so far...
    -50% tint on all windows (registers as 88 on a tint meter lol)
    -Megan Racing short throw shifter
    -LED HID plate lights
    -Agency Power shorty antenna
    -TRD axleback exhaust
    -Kenwood DNX5140 (bought used off craigslist for $320) with bluetooth, nav, steering wheel controls hookup, parking brake already grounded out, iPod connector, and radio to factory wiring harness adapter since it came out of a 4Runner
    -Kenwood 350 watt amp
    -Kicker TC10 (same one I had in my truck)
    -Fog lights
    -Plasti-Derped wheels
    -Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs
    -KYB Struts

Mods to come... :cool:
    -Header
    -Down pipe
    -Mid-pipe
    -Stage 2 clutch
    -Big brake kit
    -New wheels and tires
    -Far future, turbo kit or supercharger kit with supporting engine mods ;):D
    -Possibly LSD
    -Tail light tint
    -LED light conversion
    -Possibly HID's

When I went to test drive it
    [​IMG]

Sitting in the driveway
    [​IMG]

Random picture I took, thought it looked cool
    [​IMG]

Foglights in with parking lights on during the daytime
    [​IMG]

Switch in the stock location
    [​IMG]

Foglights and parking lights at night
    [​IMG]

50% tint, dark interior and the pictures make it look dark
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Winter storm Nemo :mad:
    [​IMG]
    Dude where's my car??? :eek:

21 inches of snow measured off the back of my dad's truck
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    AR15xAR10 likes this.
  2. Apr 29, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    tacobell007

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    Painting my wheels black
    [​IMG]

Finished the first one, went back and touched it up later
    [​IMG]

Wheels on, the car needs a wash BAD
    [​IMG]

Wash and waxed my car yesterday
    [​IMG]

Reflection
    [​IMG]

Was waiting for some wax to dry and took of a pic of my dads '05 since it was so clean
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
    AR15xAR10 likes this.
  3. May 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM
    tacobell007

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Some more pictures...

Kenwood DNX5140 (awesome song, for country fans)
    [​IMG]

Where I mounted my bluetooth mic and GPS antenna
    [​IMG]

Short throw shifter
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2013
    AR15xAR10 likes this.
  4. May 3, 2013 at 5:18 PM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    Shiny! I like it!

I've been doing some more research on that Flywheel idea. I'm thinking I might go more mid-weight than lightweight. Adds some advantages but not so many disadvantages.

5. May 8, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    tacobell007

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Thanks! I asked for either a down pipe or Agency Power lightweight crank pulley for my bday so we shall see what is getting put on next lol. I saw in your post that people were having issues with the lightweight flywheel? I'll have to do more research on 1st gens when it gets closer to the time of putting in a new clutch.

6. May 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    tacobell007

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Got an Agency Power lightweight crank pulley today. This was my birthday present from my parents. Lightweight pulley weighs just over a pound and the factory one weighed in at three and a half pounds. Definitely can feel a little difference in throttle response. The car also does not bog down in between shifts when it is cold anymore either which is nice :D

Pulley right out of the box
    [​IMG]

Weigh in
    [​IMG]

Installed
    [​IMG]

7. Jul 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM
    tacobell007

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    So I have done some work to my car in the past couple weeks. I put in some KYB struts and Eibach lowering springs, put in some NGK iridium spark plugs, and cleaned the K&N air filter that came with the car.

Took the car on a trip to Maine with my girlfriend at the time, she broke up with me on the way back :eek:

Mileage from the trip
    [​IMG]

Had this waiting for me when I got home :D
    [​IMG]

Rear Strut assembled
    [​IMG]

How the car sits after installing everything
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just some pics I took the past couple of days
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Aug 21, 2014 at 7:50 PM
    1993t100

1993t100 I’m good looking and I drive a Jeep.

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Sexy
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    Thanks dick. All of a sudden I want a tC again haha

9. Aug 26, 2014 at 7:05 PM
    Holy schmidt

Holy schmidt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wyatt
    Nebraska
    Keep the damn taco!

Ps the tC was a slick little car

10. Feb 16, 2015 at 7:14 PM
    tacobell007

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Alright don't mind this post I'm just updating this with some pictures for another member.

Full LED 3rd
    [​IMG]

Nvidia N1 downpipe vs Stock
    [​IMG]

35% tint precut
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lowering springs (the for sale pic)
    [​IMG]

Whilst doing the front wheel bearings, ripped out the knuckels
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]