1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2007 Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bulldogger, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Feb 24, 2008 at 9:50 AM
    Bulldogger

Bulldogger [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stevie,
    Just bring it to independent body shops. Both the shops I brought it to stated the paint was bad and not adhereing properly. Toyota does have a catch 22 with the envoirment statement, but I have several other trucks that don't have paint problems, like the Toyota did, so their statement is basically a blow off in the hopes you go away. If the regional rep denies it go arbitration, if arbitration states no then go the route of small claims court. Bottom line is Toyota can say what they want, but the bottom line is IT SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING.

2. Feb 24, 2008 at 10:25 AM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    Thanks Bulldooger,

I might wait until the summertime to address my issue. I don't have paint peeling, just the rockchips an stain at the moment. I'll wait until I'm washing my truck weekly, and the chips eat away more at me. For sure, if do get my bumper repainted, I'm getting a 3M clear bra. I just don't understand why more manufacturers don't offer it as a facotry installed option :confused:

3. Feb 25, 2008 at 1:06 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    The other day when washing my truck a big chip came off of the hood while I was rinsing the soap off. I don't use a pressure washer just a garden hose and my finger. My 2002 tacoma had the same cheap paint. Too bad I like the rest of the truck so much.

Products Discussed in

To Top