1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2008 dependability

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SpeedoJosh, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Jun 1, 2012 at 3:46 PM
    SpeedoJosh

SpeedoJosh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access cab, Base, 4x4
    So from what I've gathered, Toyota did a little updating in 2009 correct? If so, what exactly did they update?

Reason being, is I'm thinking about checking out a 2008 TRD Off Road, 4x4, tomorrow, and wanting to make sure I'm not diving into a bunch of known problems that were fixed in 09.

Also, how does 19k sound for an 08 Access Cab, TRD OF, 4x4 with about 60k on the clock?

2. Jun 2, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have a 2008, with 68K miles on it. Not a single major problem. Just regular maintenance and I'm sure this truck will last well past 100K. Some folks on here have their 2nd gens with 500K+ miles.

As far as 2009 changes, you got more standard "safety" equipment in addition to the already standard Electronic Brake Force Distribution, Brake Assist, and ABS. Side Torso/Side Curtain Airbags, Traction Control, Vehicle Skid Control (Toyota's Stability Control system), Standard AUX input (which I loathed not having in my 2008), and an Automatic Limited Slip Differential. Oh and the taillights were slightly revised.

3. Jun 2, 2012 at 11:16 AM
    V-TRAIN

V-TRAIN Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. CACKALACKY
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT LONG BED
    DEMELLO ROCK CRUSHER SLIDERS, PIAA LIGHTS, TSB 4 LEAF PACK, CBI OFFROAD REAR BUMPER LINEXED, CBI OFFROAD FRONT BUMPER LINEXED, REAR 5100's, 1.5" TSB AAL, ICON EXTENDED TRAVEL COILOVERS @ 3", TOTAL CHAOS UCA's, HELLA MICRO DRIVING LIGHTS, IPOD INTERFACE, THULE ROOF RACK, UWS SLIM LINE BLACK TOOL BOX, 17" BBS RD TRUCK WHEELS, GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC IN 285/70/17
    I have a 2008 with 93,000 on it and have had zero trouble. all i have done is oil changes every 4,000 miles and replace the plugs twice like they want you to do. i am amazed how long the break pads have lasted, going to finally get some new ones next week. i have been getting them checked with every tire rotation for over 50,000 miles thinking i would need some. i got some toyota ones to go back on there cause if i can get that many miles out of pads and not mess up the rotars, i see no reason to change.

as for price look online some and get an idea, not sure what to tell you there. i bought mine brand new for 28,1xx out the door. it is a sport, 4 door, long bed, 4x4, and they added leather and heated seats also. i thought that was a great deal. i think they have gone up some though.

Products Discussed in

To Top