1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2008 In Dash Satellite

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by j84562, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Oct 7, 2011 at 6:28 AM
    j84562

j84562 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Walworth
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma
    Hi, I have a 2008 Tacoma. Currently I listen to Sirius Satellite Radio using a very old (7yrs?) stand alone Sportster Kit. The Sportster Reciever has a DC power connection that plugs into my cigarrette lighter for power. The antenna for the Sportster connects to the back of my Sportser reciever and then out the back of my Tacoma through the window in the back and then to a magnet on the cab hood. I get reception from the satellite wirelessly. I tune my in dash stereo to 90.1 (which I've also set my Sportster to). Then to change the satellite channels..i just turn the dial on the Sportster. I'm the type of person this is not an issue for. The wires, antenna cables, antenna on the hood, and oldness of the Sportster are really not a problem for me. Reception is not a problem for me either. I lose it on occasion but nothing to lose sleep over.

The issue is this. The sound quality is much worse from the satellite radio than it is the regular radio (if I'm not tuned to 90.1).

I really want to improve that sound quality and I have no idea how to do it. I was wondering if they make an in dash radio for my Truck. 2008. That will sort of just do it all for me, but most importantly..improve the sound quality. Improved sound quality is all I'm looking for because there are some pretty awesome music channels on Sirius.

I'm a newbie here so be easy on me.
    Thank you,
    Tom

2. Oct 7, 2011 at 7:04 AM
    Ndrorder

Ndrorder Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    B. Red TRD Sport
    None --- yet!
    Tom,
    Your Sirius install all depends if you have the JBL stereo with the AM-Sat button. From there and some coin, you can do what you want. I'll be putting all the parts you need except sharkfin wire up for sale in the classifieds soon.

Cliff

3. Oct 7, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Resident Pine Swine

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Suburban 2500
    JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster FlowFX Sing/Dual Exhaust
    I put an aftermarket head unit in my truck with an auxiliary input on the front. Then plugged my Sirius Starmate directly into the input of the head unit. Perfect sound quality.
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top