1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2008 'squeaky suspension' TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mainerinexile, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Sep 12, 2009 at 3:26 PM
    mainerinexile

mainerinexile [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    central Maine
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 Access cab I4 4x4 5 spd
    Advice needed: I have a 2008 4x4 extended cab (14,000 miles) with a suspension that squeaks worse than that on my old '96 before the frame bit the dust. I mentioned it to the dealer and they said it was covered by a TSB and they have ordered parts that they say will take a full day to install.

I haven't seen anything about a squeaky suspention among the million or so posts on the three leaf v four leaf rear suspension TSB. Anyone know anything about this? Could they actually be upgrading my suspension based on the TSB that you all have discussed, or is there something else?

Thanks for the input!

2. Sep 12, 2009 at 3:35 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    There is a TSB for squeaky suspension. I thought they just added friction pads between the leaves on your pack...but a new pack....Might be a 4 leaf pack-but I wouldn't hope for it unless you've asked for that specifically.

3. Sep 12, 2009 at 3:36 PM
    mwild

mwild I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vernon, NJ
    Vehicle:
    03 2500 Dodge Ram
    Cat-Back, weather techs, ipod and sisuis Old 04 Taco: 5100s At all 4 corners set at 2.5", Toyotec AAL, Gibson cat-back, Deck plate mod, 20% Tint on fronts, 10" Kicker Comp sub, Sirius radio, Bud Built Skid, Pro Comp 8069 Wheels
    i have to same squeak i think its just the bushings

4. Sep 12, 2009 at 7:15 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    I had that squeek for a while and it was annoying as hell imo makes the truck sound like it's a pos.

What I did was jack up the rear of the truck to releave some weight on the springs then I used big flat head to wedge in between the leafs and removes the squeeky(silencer) pads and cleaned them and the used a ton of grease on them and the leafs where the pads go. I did this about a month ago and have not heard a single squeek from them since.

Products Discussed in

To Top