1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2008 SR5 OEM Rim Spec Help?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by T@co_Pr3runn3r, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Feb 9, 2012 at 8:28 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r [OP] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Anybody know the backspacing & offset of these rims? 16 x 7, ??????????? Considering some 16x8 or 16x8.5 and need to know how the other ones will move the tire in or out of the fenderwell in comparison. Staying with 16s to keep the new tires I already have.

[​IMG]

2. Feb 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM
    lynyrd3

lynyrd3 STRENGTH DETERMINATION MERCILESS FOREVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2008 SR5 AC SUPER WHITE V6 4x4 AT / 2020 RAV4 XLE
    Bilstein 6112s top setting ,Total Chaos UCAs ,1/4" top plate spacer driver side ,SS extended brake lines ,Old Man Emu Medium Duty Dakar leaf springs with AAL,OME carrier bearing shim , Bilstein 5125s for 2-3” of lift in rear ,Timbren SES bump stops , SS extended brake lines rear , Toytec dif drop , Hayden high performance transmission fluid cooler,aFe pro dry air filter .Baja amber driving combo ditch lights , Devil horns by Andres ,Weathertecs floor protector, American Racing wheels Baja 17x8,4.5 BS , 285/70 Falken Wildpeaks AT/3W .Body Armor rear bumper . Extra D rings in bed ,Blue sea fuse block and 100amp breaker ,HomerTaco custom grill in Super White , TRD radiator cap ,Birddawg Industries rear view mirror riser bracket ,Coverking NeoSupreme Mossy Oak seat covers , Paranoid Fabrications fuse /relay holder Painted pinch weld.Shorty antenna ,HVAC knob mod ,LED dome and map lights , Tri Fold bed cover ,UltraGauge ,Morimoto XB LED fog lights ,Energy Suspension poly body bushings and sway bar bushings ! Geartech Customs splash guards ,Salex center console organizer . Mobtown tailgate cap ,tailgate anti theft mod .X-Mat sound deadening/insulation cab floor . Mobtown weld on rock sliders 0* with kickout Raptor lined . ,NEW frame courtesy of Toyota !
    [​IMG]Maybe this will help ? I was thinking about the type B for my 2008 . Wheelers offroad .com

These are heavy-duty 15" X 8", 15" X 10" and 16" x 8" black powder-coated steel wheels for 95-Current Tacoma 4x4 and PreRunner vehicles. The 05-current Tacoma's require a 16" wheel or bigger. We carry these with a couple of different backspace settings; one that is good for stock tires and up to 11.5" wide called TYPE A (4.5" backspacing) and another that is good for stock size tires up to 12.5" wide called TYPE B (4" backspacing). TYPE B has less backspacing which causes the tire to stick out from the fender a little more than TYPE A, allowing more room between the tire and upper control arm for wider tires and/or tire chains. These wheels clear the brake calipers which has been an issue with replacement wheels on these trucks. The wheels have larger bead retention grooves to assist bead retention at low tire operating pressures. These wheels are DOT approved. We have black and chrome lug nuts, lug locks and wheel caps listed below for these wheels. The 15"X8" wheels weigh approx 30lbs/ea, the 15"X10" & 16"X8" wheels weigh approx 37lbs/ea. *NOTE: OUR 15" WHEELS ARE DESIGNED SO THEY WILL FIT ON A 95-04 16" FACTORY EQUIPPED TACOMA! NOW YOU CAN RUN 15" TIRES ON YOUR 16" EQUIPPED 95-04 TACOMA. WE'VE HEARD OF A RARE FACTORY OPTION IN 2004 CALLED "VSC"- IF YOUR 2004 TACOMA HAS THIS OPTION YOU NEED TO STAY WITH 16" WHEELS OR BIGGER.
    [​IMG]

3. Feb 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Thanks, but not sure how that helps me. Let me clarify....I have the 16x7s in the pic I posted and am considering aftermarket 16x8 or 16x8.5s and need the backspacing and offset of the 16x7s to make a more informed purchase as far as whether the aftermarket rims will move the tires further in or out of the wheelwell compared to the oems. I also want a black rim with polished lip or bead, not a full polished or full black rim & the ones like that have different widths, bs & offsets in 16" size from brand to brand. Lastly, I also want to narrow choices down by weight of each rim compared to the oems so the weight of the oems in the pic above would be helpful info as well.

4. Feb 9, 2012 at 5:21 PM
    josef

josef Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DoubleCab
    offset is 30mm (same offset as TRD 17" Sport wheels, and very close to TRD 16" Off-Road wheels (32mm)). it is printed on the backside of the wheel if you get a flashlight and get a little dirty you should be able to find it. i have those wheels and recently looked it up since i was trying to sell them. hope that helps.

yeah, i almost purchased the Ivan Stewart TRD 16" wheels but they have an offset of 1mm which would have moved each wheel out ~1 inch, which would have looked funny with my stock (tall/skinny) tires.

5. Feb 14, 2012 at 2:37 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Thanks for the info. Isn't the internet for finding out shit without getting dirty? That's what I use it for.

6. Feb 14, 2012 at 2:58 PM
    josef

josef Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DoubleCab
    no prob. yeah the internet let me down on that one so i had to man up. haha

Products Discussed in

To Top