1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2008 tacoma Power outlet fuse keeps blowing

Discussion in 'North East' started by bmaynar2, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Aug 1, 2010 at 12:00 PM
    bmaynar2

bmaynar2 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    ohio
    Vehicle:
    White, very sharp
    Turned off seat belt beeper
    Hello,

I just bought a 2008 toyota tacoma when i was visiting lexington kentucky last week. Anyways it is a very sharp truck and so far I love it. However i am having a problem. The fuse behind the coin holder for the cig lighter and power outlet keeps blowing. It blows as soon as i plug anything in the power outlet. So i got a splitter deal and used the cig lighter outlet to run my siruis radio and high range transmitter for it. Neither of them draw much power. It worked on the cig outlet for 3 days. I unpluged it to re-route my wires. When i plugged it back in it blew the fuse again. I have replaced that fuse 5 times now. I even upgraded it to a 25 and it still keeps blowing. Im almost certain there has to be a skinned wire inside the dash or something that is causing it to short out when i plug something in. If anyone else has had this problem can you please tell me how you fixed it. This is getting very annoying.

If not does anyone know how i can take the power outlet out to check it.

Thanks,
    Bobby

2. Aug 10, 2010 at 10:51 AM
    kristonex

kristonex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland soon to be Denver
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 Access 4x4
    Debadged tailgate - Limo tinted windows - Sockmonkey bed decals - Fully custom upgraded stereo 9 speakers w/custom built subwoofer box 1200 watts total power - swapped white and blue LED gauges - integrated backup camera - removed front mud flaps - All interior lights swapped with LEDS
    Is it the same thing you are plugging in thats blowing the fuses or have you tried multiple things. It could be your siruis radio and high range transmitter that has a short in it somewhere. Check with a meter to see if you have continuity to ground in your power outlet.

3. Aug 10, 2010 at 10:54 AM
    desertdude59

desertdude59 CRAZY 4WHEELER

Member:
    From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful W
    Vehicle:
    1991 toyota 4x4 sr5-lost but not forgotten
    4" lift after market front bumper bed mount lightbar/roll bar (4)6" kc's on the roll bar (2) kc flat back bumper mounts f/r gears for the 33's
    Dont put a bigger fuse in there. You'll burn up the wiring.

4. Aug 10, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    kristonex

kristonex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland soon to be Denver
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 Access 4x4
    Debadged tailgate - Limo tinted windows - Sockmonkey bed decals - Fully custom upgraded stereo 9 speakers w/custom built subwoofer box 1200 watts total power - swapped white and blue LED gauges - integrated backup camera - removed front mud flaps - All interior lights swapped with LEDS
    yeah you definitely DO NOT want to do that.

Products Discussed in

To Top