1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 2.7 Engine Squeak/Squeal

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by TacoDaTugBoat, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Feb 2, 2015 at 8:27 AM
    iroh

iroh Well-Known Member

Member:
    michigander
    Vehicle:
    07 AC SR5 2.7 5MT 4x4
    tonneau
    Pepto... haha!

It just takes dexron III iirc so it's dirt cheap to do. I only needed a little more than a quart. Use a suction plunger thingamabob to suck down the reservoir to the screen (don't puncture that screen!), then disconnect the return line and stick it into an empty jug wedged in there by the fan shroud. Cap the hose nipple on the reservoir with something so it doesn't leak out -- I used saran wrap and a twist tie -- and fill the reservoir with new fluid.

Then with the front two tires of the truck in the air, have one person slowly turn the steering wheel lock-to-lock to drive the new fluid through the rack, while the other keeps topping off the reservoir to keep air out of the system. I also had the belt off so I could manually turn the pump to help get a little more old fluid out, and I had the battery ground disconnected for obvious reasons.

Once the fluid comes out of the return looking like new, keep going until the level is below the nipple so you can put it back together. After reassembly, put the truck on the ground, top off to proper level, put the belt back on, hook up the battery, and done. Should only take an hour or so and the only wrenches you'll need are for the battery and the belt tensioner.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015

Products Discussed in

To Top