1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 double cab 4x4 sport - At dealer for TSB today.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 2009Silver, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Aug 12, 2009 at 11:56 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    You do have one last course of action, write a letter to the CEO (calm, detailed, explaining the entire process on how it went down and with who you contacted, when, ect as much of that info as you have). Mail a copy direct to their office, and give a copy to your local service rep as a heads up so they're not caught off guard. After all, it's not their fault corp's denied it, plus I'm sure they'd love the business as they get guaranteed pay for the service work. One of my buddies have done that a few times with Lowes and it worked extremely well, they've got a ton of free stuff from the screwups that kept happening lol.

At any rate, it's worth a shot, and you have full documentation with Toyota you've tried everything in your power to get the TSB done while under warranty. Thus, when (I don't think if is even an option, they pulled the same crap on the 08's) they do add the '09 to the TSB, and even if you're out of warranty, it'd be hard for them to deny you as it was clearly documented.

Best of luck...

2. Aug 12, 2009 at 11:58 AM
    redvtwin2

redvtwin2 Member

Member:
    I just purchased a 2009 and addressed this same situation this week. Made contact with Toyota and got a case # and was advised to contact my dealership. I then asked the consultant if he could confirm if my truck would qualify for the TSB or not at which time he stated the 2009's are done on a case to case basis and to have the Service Manager at the dealership call their regional rep...hopefully I have better luck than you tonight when I take it in.

Barry

3. Aug 12, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    testedone

testedone Speak English..it's America

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Weathertec Mats, Pioneer AVIC-X930BT, Pioneer GEX-P920XM (SAT), Pioneer Premier TS-D602P 6.2, Blaupunkt THb 200A Sub, Trimmed Mud Flaps, BF Goodrich AT/KO 285/70/17 ... Toytec Ultimate Lift, Tuffy Bed Box, A.R.E. Cover, Pop-n-Lock, TRD Exhaust
    dealer just called me and said they could not reproduce the issue with the suspension...I asked if they read the TSB, he said what TSB, I said the one I showed you when I dropped it off, I then gave him the TSB number and he said he would call me back....

4. Aug 12, 2009 at 2:19 PM
    Ticketdoctor

Ticketdoctor Senior Lettuce Washer

Member:
    Ithaca, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Double TRD O.R. 4x4 Timberland Mica
    XM Radio Mod, TRD Skid Plate, Bed Mat, Weathertech, More to come.
    Try another dealer if you are in an area with multiple dealers.....

5. Aug 12, 2009 at 2:46 PM
    testedone

testedone Speak English..it's America

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Weathertec Mats, Pioneer AVIC-X930BT, Pioneer GEX-P920XM (SAT), Pioneer Premier TS-D602P 6.2, Blaupunkt THb 200A Sub, Trimmed Mud Flaps, BF Goodrich AT/KO 285/70/17 ... Toytec Ultimate Lift, Tuffy Bed Box, A.R.E. Cover, Pop-n-Lock, TRD Exhaust
    Dealer called...said the TSB only applies to 08 models...I asked him if he looked at the part numbers referenced on the leaf springs...nope..I said never mind...

What really pisses me off is I set up the appointment for the new radio 1 week ago..he tells me today he has to order a radio..I asked him why you didn't know that last week when you said you need to replace the radio???

Time to find a new dealer

6. Aug 12, 2009 at 3:25 PM
    jlvhrse

jlvhrse Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jen
    SoCal SGV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4X4 Long Bed
    LSK front and rear LT and stuff
    I am new to this forum and just bought a 09' 4X4 TRD Sport Tacoma, Long Bed. Is this something that will effect me when hauling hay, etc..? I don't quite understand what everyone is talking about except the fact that the ride is harsh with about 600lbs in the bed..

What is TSB and what is bottoming out? In lamest terms if you would please, and thank you.

7. Aug 13, 2009 at 1:16 AM
    TacoOwner?

TacoOwner? Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Camas/Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 Double Cab 6M
    Anti-thief tailgate, anytime rear-view camera, anytime locker mod
    I dont know what TSB stands for either, but from reading I believe it only applies (mostly applies) to 2005-2008.

8. Aug 13, 2009 at 1:31 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    just search TSB and youll find a good explanation

9. Aug 13, 2009 at 9:42 AM
    sixdoubleseven

sixdoubleseven Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    14 DC 4x4
    I just picked up an 06 4x4 DC SB. It's got 30k on it. Should I be looking into this TSB?

10. Aug 13, 2009 at 9:44 AM
    redvtwin2

redvtwin2 Member

Member:
    Just got word from Lakeland, Toyota...they will be replacing mine on my 2009 Tacoma TRD free of charge. Stated the Toyo Tech advised to replace the old/wrong springs with the new 4 packs without a problem! Go to another dealership man.....toyota is addressing the problem for 2009's on a case by case basis.

11. Aug 13, 2009 at 9:50 AM
    kws129

kws129 Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road Double Cab
    I also had the springs replaced on my '09 DC TRD Off Road just a couple of weeks ago. So far as I know they called the area service rep and confirmed before they did it. The service manager told me that they would either do it as a warranty item or under the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin). The main things you need to tell tham at the dealer is that 1. your vin matches the TSB. 2. the part numbers on the springs in your truck match the ones on the TSB. They shoudl honor that.

12. Aug 13, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    TacoOwner?

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Camas/Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 Double Cab 6M
    I did, that is how I found this post. What does the acronym stand for? Dont need an explanation, the OP did a good job with that. :)

13. Aug 13, 2009 at 6:49 PM
    sdel82

sdel82 Active Member

Member:
    Northeast
    Vehicle:
    09 dbl cab
    Just received an e-mail from Toyota responding back from last Fri. saying ultimatly it is the responsibility of the dealership to make a positive resolution and I got a claim #. I will take this and run with it. Will keep you posted as it is due for its first FREE oil change at the stealership. I really love this truck and hope I get the upgrade because I do haul often, although not too heavy, but it was definitly bottoming out with about 500 lbs. of mulch. Mine is a base model so if all goes well, it will be a TRD before you know it , if that means anything. I know you offroad hardcores are probably laughing but if its free, what the heck and I'm broke. Look forward to a stiffer ride. Are'nt they supposed to be a little stiff? Will keep you posted. Can you tell i'm a little excited! LOL:thumbsup:

14. Aug 13, 2009 at 7:12 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.

:D

15. Aug 13, 2009 at 8:18 PM
    cntmdc

cntmdc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pablo
    Delray Beach,Fl
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 "Super White"
    Undercover Toneau cover, Billet Grill, bug deflector,Fog light Mod,Nerf bars,17" TRD Sport wheels, stainless mirror covers,LED Guage cluster "Blue",SS Front Skid Plate,Custom "SOCKMONKEY" SR5 Decals, OEM TRD SS exhaust tip,shorty antenna,Clarion DVD Head unit,Bilstein 5100's Front shocks,Toytec 2"AAL,Custom Racing Stripe hood,roof & tail gate
    Well mine got denied in June and I filed a complaint with BBB and Toyota gave me aresponse that the local dealer found nothing wrong.My complaint wasn't really about the bottoming out but the crappy way the truck 's rear end drops when I load my boat to it.I posted a thread regarding what they said.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/48217-2009-tsb-update.html

16. Aug 14, 2009 at 2:24 AM
    TacoOwner?

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Camas/Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 Double Cab 6M
    Thanks ImpluseRed008, I missed that while scan reading the threads :smack: