1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 Stereo Upgrade

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by betz.steven, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Dec 19, 2008 at 5:44 AM
    betz.steven

betz.steven [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Southern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2011 TE 4Runner
    Well I've been upgrading the stereo in my access cab taco as my funds permitt, the last thing i have is running the wire for my amps. i'll post some pics when i get my camera from the Ex-Wife. i took a few of the box construction with the phone that i'll post as well. The new system is as follows,

Head unit: Alpine CDA-9887 with PAC interface for the steering wheel controls, and an ipod cable.

Front speakers: Infinity reference 6020cs Components, backs may be cut into the rear doors later, seeing as they put the rears in the headliner for the 09

Sub: Jl 10W6v2 in a custom box i built

Amps: Alpine MRP- F300 for the speakers and Alpine MRP- M500 for the sub on a custom rack i built.

A few questions for the more expirienced guys out there; I'll be running 4 gauge main power split into two 8 gauge wires to the amps. The grounds will be 8g coming off the amps back to 4g at the distro block then to a grounding point. Does this setup of wiring sound sufficient? Any reccomendations on a good grounding point under or around the drivers seat? Thanks, this site really is a well of knowledge.

2. Dec 19, 2008 at 8:16 AM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    Your wiring setup will be just fine for those amps (be sure to use the appropriate fuse on the main power wire near the battery) and as far as grounding point the best bet is to look around for a convenient spot of metal near where you put the distribution block, make sure that it is connected to the ground plane and sand the metal bare where it touches the wire terminal.

3. Dec 19, 2008 at 9:32 AM
    betz.steven

betz.steven [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Southern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2011 TE 4Runner
    Thanks, yeah i plan on using a 100amp fuse since they dont make 110's. do you think under the rear right seat bolt would work? i'm just afraid that the ring terminal will not be large enough.

4. Dec 19, 2008 at 10:12 AM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    That should work but you have to remember the floor mounting point is painted, the seat bracket is painted and the threads inside may have paint on them so make sure to get bare metal contact. Also, a round file works well to make the hole in the terminal larger if needed. :)

5. May 8, 2009 at 4:41 PM
    JHlebica18

JHlebica18 Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Off Road
    Did you have the factory sub in your truck and if you how did you remove it. I know there are two bolts on the bottom but how is the top mounted

Products Discussed in

To Top