1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tgrandstaff38, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Sep 21, 2010 at 12:21 PM
    tgrandstaff38

tgrandstaff38 [OP] Emt-Iv

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    TN
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner train horn
    Wet Okole Train Horn 480c compressor 3 gal tank 110 watt uhf
    I bought a 2009 tacoma last year and i have been wanting to fix it up a little. I have been looking on here and man there is so much that i could do. I have a few things already. I have Wet Okole seat covers, a tool box Hornblaster train horns with 480 viair compressor and tank. I also have a motorola radio (for work) and my light and siren. What i am wanting to do now is get a quality head unit and aftermarket speakers. I have a few in mind but i aint made up my mind yet. I want to stick with pioneer jvc or kenwood. I want to stay within the 5 to 7 range for the head unit. Also i want nerf bars and possible a bull bar. I dont think that will be a big deal. But for right now what yal think about the head unit. It would be nice if i could get one with gps but it isnt a neccesity. pref one with a 6 inch or bigger display. What yal think ? and what kit should i get for the radio?

2. Sep 21, 2010 at 1:26 PM

09638 SCRAPER

Member:
    oahu,hawaii
    Vehicle:
    11 trd sport sr5 prerunner
    2% tint, 20% entire windshield tint, led bulbs, hids, debadged, grey plate covers, shaved antenna, alpine in dash, rockford t2 and amps, rockford highs and mids, 35x12.50x20 toyo mt's, 20x12 fuel octane's deep, 1.5 inch wheel spacers, camburg UCA's, 6" lift w/4" blocks & AAL, 3" body lift, open hood scoop, BHLM, painted emblem, K&N filters, weather tech mats. Next Mod: resevoir rear shocks, Vinyl camo wrap when I'm bored of the grey...
    for your stereo I would not go with any of the brands you listed. they are all crap in comparison to alpine. Me and my buddys have found that those brands tend to break after a year or two, I have had my alpine for 5 years and its still kickin. Put it this way, you cant find alpine at any way-mart, the brand you listed are all at wal-mart for a reason.

for the speakers there are so many options. It depends on how much you want to spend. you can get a set of pioneers for 40 bucks from wal-mart, for the same size speaker from a high end company (rainbow, mb quart, etc..) it will be around 300-400 dollars a pair.

I personally have a pair of 6x9 kicker 3-ways and a set of kicker tweeters in my front doors. I compared the sound quality of over ten different brands at the stereo shop and they sounded the most crisp and clean.

3. Sep 21, 2010 at 5:37 PM
    tgrandstaff38

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    TN
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner train horn
    I put pics of my truck up today also. I have been lookin around does anyone have any experience with the avic z110, jvc kw-nx7000bt, kenwood dnx7140 or 8120? they are the one that i am considering anything better?

4. Sep 22, 2010 at 9:36 AM
    tgrandstaff38

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    TN
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner train horn
    [​IMG]
    Double-DIN A/V Receiver w/ 7" Motorized Monitor

KW-AVX830

This is the unit i am going with. what installation kit do yall think?Schoshe Dash Kit or is there a better one? Also would like some input on aftermarket speakers? what yall think.

To Top