1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 TRAIL EDITION 4Runner slipped through my fingers!!

Discussion in '4Runners' started by BuzzardsGottaEat, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Jun 25, 2020 at 10:21 AM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    Local ad for a local dealer showed up online for a 2009 4Runner SR5 in White.

My 99 is getting problematic so I click on it, more perusing than anything...

I see it has 150k miles and they wanted either 12k or 15k for it (can’t remember, because this when when I got excited)!

Scrolling through the photos I see the seats look different than normal, then I see the crappy little Tom Tom, then the Tubular rack, and finally... there they were, in all their glory... The rear locker and A-Trac buttons in front of the center console, and the extra power supplies.

I look closer at the outside of the door on the blurry dealership photos, and sure enough if you zoom in and squint a little, TRAIL EDITION right on the side.

I of course call “mildly interested” in buying the “SR5” today. So they look it up (super small town about 45 min away of maybe 2,300 people) and realize they sold it a month ago and forgot to take down the ad!!

I’ve never been stoked about a vehicle before haha but man did I get my hopes up about this one. I thought for sure I was about to get a steal on my rare dream vehicle!

I asked them and they had no idea what they had on their lot. Small town Midwest folk who only know/work on/drive American trucks, just looked up the value of a standard SR5 4Runner and sold it. I’m almost positive the new owner has no clue what they’re driving either haha. What a waste of a great vehicle. Kind of satisfying irony though.

You think they’d call the new owner for me and tell them to come trade it in so I can buy it?? :D

doublethebass likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top