1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 4WD broken

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 1101 mobsquad, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:31 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I could never turn into a parking space and the gas tank would forever need refilling. :D

2. Feb 9, 2010 at 11:54 AM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.

Take a deep breath, for sure stop driving the truck, and call the dealer. You have a 3yr warranty. Let the dealer figure it out. Sorry to hear about your trouble. let us know what you learn.

3. Feb 9, 2010 at 11:31 PM
    cwrose

cwrose Don't spreadsheet this...

Member:
    Fairbanks, AK
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB in MGM
    Alaskan chiming in.. when I had my Tacoma, I only used the 4wd on a handful of occasions other than the routine switching to keep things lubed. The Dueler H/Ts stuck to the road like glue.

No salt up here in interior Alaska. In fact, I think in Anchorage they use a salt/sand combo. It never actually melts the ice off of a fully iced road. We use gravel which is good and bad. Don't have to worry so much about rust, but the cracks in the windshield and damage to paint is a PIA.

Agreed, at our current $3.35/gallon, I am glad the gf (she drives the most for college and work) has a 4Runner with the center diff lock. She can run it year round if she wants (unlocked that is) and fuel economy is hardly affected. Now if only we didn't have to warm our vehicles up when it's -30F. Oh, and if only we could forego plugging the vehicles in overnight what with our $.20/kilowatt electric rates.. END :rant:

Regarding the 4lo when the truck is newer, isn't it kind of difficult to get the 4lo to engage? Like you really have to work at it, but once it does, just do it a few more times and it "loosens" up?

Products Discussed in

To Top