1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 Double cab Off Road???????

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Binny, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Dec 22, 2009 at 2:20 PM
    Bullred

Bullred Member

Member:
    Is the truck 4x4? If not I think that's high also. Go to www.nadaguides.com and price the exact truck with options to see what the actual invoice price is, and pay $300 above that. Don't take the dealers word for it, verify it yourself.

2. Dec 22, 2009 at 2:21 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Another piece of advice... ditch the Bilstein 5100s and get OME N182s, N182/90000s, and 885 Coils...

:thumbsup:

3. Dec 22, 2009 at 2:41 PM
    MAXTacoma

MAXTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    Yeah mine was new when I got it tho. Fully loaded dbl cab 4x4 TRD sport, Lond Bed, The only thing I dont have is the traction control.

4. Dec 22, 2009 at 2:51 PM
    SoutheastTaco

SoutheastTaco Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    steven
    columbia sc
    Vehicle:
    09 trd sport dc 4x4
    rear spring tsb, 255/75/17 bfg muds
    i only paid 25,700 out the door for my 2009 dc trd sport 4x4 here in columbia the most ive ever heard around here is 28,000 tops

5. Dec 22, 2009 at 2:57 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    I just bought the 2010 TRD Sport, long bed a couple of weeks ago. The price you are quoting is good depending on how it's equipped. I paid about a grand more fully equipped minus the mats. Now, just a personal opinion so hopefully no die-hard off roader jumps on me for it but, for most applications the Sport is just fine. If you were buying it just for off-roading you might want to opt for the short wheel base as it also comes with locker (according to the off road guys). But if your primary function is carrying friends and family along with some extra bed space the Sport works great. I use mine off road/ primarily trails in the Northwest and the extra length definitely affects my decisions on going places I don't normally belong. But highway ride which is 99% of the time for the average person is better in a long bed. If I were younger and looking to impress the babes though, I get the shorty, lifted, with some nicer wheels and bigger tires. That and about a dozen other things that involve testosterone decision making processes. good Luck on your choice. K[​IMG]

6. Dec 22, 2009 at 2:59 PM
    comatosed

comatosed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    Silver TRD Sport
    TRD roof rack, Roof Basket, Weather Tech liners, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Eclipse AVN726E dvd/nav, kicker door speakers, 8" kicker sub & amp, fox 2.0 coil overs, moab 2.0 front bumper, Full CBI Skid Set, CBI Offroad rear Bumper, CBI Sliders, BFG AT KO 2, Leer Topper setup for camping. Other mods-full synthetic, carbon filter, de-badged, center console lock.
    I had this issue also. The dealers are idiots and led me to believe i could get a TRD off road with a 6ft bed, come to find out not available so I went with the sport. The longer bed was more useful to me than the extra offroad capabilities.

That price seems good.

I beat up every dealer in the state of florida and went with the dealership that offered the most incentives on the side. I also went with them because he was honest and told me upfront it was the best he could do and after calling other dealers it really was the best anyone could do. I took the truck home for 32,400 out the door, thats after 7% sales tax, tag transfer, and dealer fee.

7. Dec 22, 2009 at 3:23 PM
    LEBM

LEBM Thread Killer

Member:
    Eleanor, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD PRO 6MT Midnight Black
    Too much in my opinion. I see you are in NY. Take a look at fitzmall.com. It may be a drive to PA or DC, but the prices are pretty darn good there.

8. Dec 23, 2009 at 10:00 AM
    Binny

Binny [OP] Member

Member:
    Yeah im a little confused... The price is 29000.00 now before taxes.. I have brought that number to other dealers asking them to beat it and they let me walk out.... Im not sure what to do ... It seems good.I mean if the guy in the next city is telling me to go buy it from the other guy im thinking I should....On a side bar.... what side incentives were you talking about

9. Dec 23, 2009 at 10:05 AM
    SoutheastTaco

SoutheastTaco Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    steven
    columbia sc
    Vehicle:
    09 trd sport dc 4x4
    rear spring tsb, 255/75/17 bfg muds
    call jim hudson toyota in irmo sc ask for the internet sales department i looked all over the se for my truck they had it brought in from another dealer and still got 6k off sticker that was 4 mo ago i think the guys name was doug that sold it great guy no pressure even threw in the rubber mats and bed extender

10. Dec 23, 2009 at 4:56 PM
    comatosed

comatosed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    Silver TRD Sport
    TRD roof rack, Roof Basket, Weather Tech liners, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Eclipse AVN726E dvd/nav, kicker door speakers, 8" kicker sub & amp, fox 2.0 coil overs, moab 2.0 front bumper, Full CBI Skid Set, CBI Offroad rear Bumper, CBI Sliders, BFG AT KO 2, Leer Topper setup for camping. Other mods-full synthetic, carbon filter, de-badged, center console lock.
    My truck had dealer installed window tint and step bars, they took the steps off but couldn't take the tint off. They also offered a full 7yr 100,000 mile warranty that is good at any toyota dealership. I got a free universal studios ticket, two free oil changes, and a tire rotation. I also got the toyo guard package, not sure if this is standard or not.

11. Dec 23, 2009 at 6:22 PM
    taco430

taco430 Member

Member:
    Northeast
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    XM Skid Plate Tube Steps Exhaust tip
    Just paid 30K 4x4 TRD sport with every option avail. I even had heated seats, exh. tip & skid plate added...came out mint!

12. Jan 24, 2010 at 2:35 PM
    SoCaliSnowboarder77

SoCaliSnowboarder77 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Valencia, Ca
    Vehicle:
    09 GSXR 600 & Snowboarders Hauler
    4x4 OFF-ROAD... that is all I need...
    DIFFERENT STATES = DIFFERENT OTD B/C OF TAXES.

Anyway, Off-Road has much better resale value than Sport if you plan on upgrading or selling it in the future. The Sport is good enough for daily driving. I would have bought the Sport if there was a short bed dub cab for the Sport. My Off-Road is bad ass though and no regrets. 4x4 OR is the best of the best in the Tacoma line-up.

Products Discussed in

To Top