1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 Front Seat Pain, anyone else?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by David K, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Jul 26, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    I am right there with you .... a few pounds more (too much shrimp) but am very comfortable.

Did I say too much shrimp? Strike that!

2. Jul 26, 2010 at 1:47 PM
    David K

David K [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    It is a funny thing, but I didn't know there was a lumbar adjustment and never touched it... It was 'loose' and I tightened up the knob and that MAY have solved the problem! :rolleyes:

This truck looks identicle to my 2005, and the one big difference I have been having fun with is the Traction Control Systems (A-TRAC, TRAC, AUTO LSD). The back up camera and JBL/ Satellite Radio are also new over my '05. However, I did not know I had a lumbar support... It was not pointed out to me whan I got the truck, and I guess I missed reading that page when I was going over the owner's manual!

Thanks everyone!:D

3. Jul 26, 2010 at 2:15 PM
    ::childstoy::

::childstoy:: Hi-Tech Rednek

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southeast, PA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2010 TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, Tint, Stubby Ant., Debadged, Weathertech Mats, Grillcraft... Currently collecting donations for a New Tires Fund.
    LOL... I guess we should have asked that first. At least you didn't take the ride to the dealership and have them point to the little knob. Thank god for TW! :cool:

4. Jul 26, 2010 at 2:21 PM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    The problem I have is the the front part of the seat is too low. The underside of my leg, near my knee, doesn't rest on the seat so its "floating" and my right knee always wants to lean to the right which ends up bothering my hip.

Man ...... sucks getting old !! :(

5. Jul 26, 2010 at 2:48 PM
    David K

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Naturally, I came here to TW first!!!;)

I wonder if there are any other new features that I still don't know about???:confused::rolleyes::eek:

6. Jul 26, 2010 at 3:02 PM
    0wrx2

0wrx2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    north nj / upstate ny
    Vehicle:
    '10 trd sport 4x4. dbl cab. shrt bed.
    my seats hurt me too. im in a 2010 double cab trd sport. it seems like the lumbar support is too high in my seat for me. im a small guy though. 5'7" 130#. i drove from nj to nc and couldnt sit still. i tried adjusting everything and couldnt find a comfortable position.

i <3 my truck though :)

7. Jul 26, 2010 at 8:19 PM
    ::childstoy::

::childstoy:: Hi-Tech Rednek

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southeast, PA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2010 TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, Tint, Stubby Ant., Debadged, Weathertech Mats, Grillcraft... Currently collecting donations for a New Tires Fund.
    Did that fix it for sure though or does it still feel jacked?

8. Jul 26, 2010 at 8:26 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I'm 6'1" and I wish that damn lumbar would come up another 2".

9. Jul 26, 2010 at 8:29 PM
    Sullyman

Sullyman Crusty ole' conservative fart

Member:
    Augusta, Georgia area
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black TRD Sport
    Cat-back exhaust, BluLogic, Back-up Camera, Extang Solid Fold Tonnau cover, Pop-n-Lock PL8521 electronic tailgate lock, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Smittybuilt Nerf Step Bars, Toyota bed mat, Tinted the windows darker, CB with custom fab'd antenna mount, Grillcraft grill, AFE Pro Dry S filter with secondary filter removed. Differential breather relocation mod. Bridgestone Dueler AT/Revo 3 tires Weathertech mats Spec-D HID Halo's Bilstein 5100s front set at 2.5" w/OEM springs 4-leaf TSB w/ SkyJacker add-a-leaf 2" block lift 1.5" wheel spacers Freedom Off-Road upper control arms .5" coil spacers ATOTO A6 Android double-din head unit
    I went from an 05 4Runner to the 2010 Tacoma...thing that bugs me about the seat is I can't seem to get the lumbar support to come out enough for my liking...I wonder if this is something that can be tweaked?

10. Jul 26, 2010 at 8:34 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    The airbags in the seats were added in 2006. Side curtain airbags and RSCA (Roll Sensing Curtain Airbags) are newer and located along the doors and headliner around the door frames.

11. Jul 27, 2010 at 7:03 AM
    David K

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    No, not for sure... It was on a long 300 mile drive to/from our camp in Baja that I was getting uncomfortable... I had noticed that 'bar' before, but it didn't 'hurt' until the last trip. It will take some more driving to be sure, but I have a good feeling about the fix being a loose lumbar adjustment. My '01 and '05 were both very comfortable.

12. Jul 27, 2010 at 7:54 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    I'm 5'7" about 150 lbs and the seats are actually quite comfortable. I drove 10 hours straight back from the OBX a few weeks ago and didn't have any discomfort. I have the lumbar adjusted all the way out. I actually wish it would go out a little further.

13. Aug 6, 2010 at 4:05 PM
    ffemt2987

ffemt2987 Shut up Hippie!

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Golden
    Vehicle:
    Cement 3rd gen that was supposed to stay stock
    Rack, sliders, softopper, tjm bumper, eibach temp suspension
    Im 5'7" and my 05 hurts right where the seam is, just above the lumbar. It makes me have to pop my back after about an hour of driving. I also have a 6 spd manual so I think its tougher to relax. But... Im not about to buy a new seat... or truck

14. Aug 6, 2010 at 4:49 PM
    Isthatahemi

Isthatahemi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD
    BFG AT's, Weathertechs, Hoppy's brake controller.
    I just did a bunch of 12 - 14 hour days, and come to think of it, never had any soreness or seat fatigue. Seats were great.

Or maybe my cruise control rage was distracting me......

15. Aug 6, 2010 at 6:30 PM
    TruKnight

TruKnight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tru
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Autobot Mall Crawler
    read build thread
    Mine felt wierd on the first day, but its been great all week since. Just took some gettin used to and adjusting everything to the best position. The TRD seats are great.

If all else fails, try a pillow!

-Tru

16. Aug 7, 2010 at 9:25 AM
    David K

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Mine is fine, now... it was the lumbar adjustment totally loose... I just snuged it up and that metal bar feel disappeared. The '10 is so identicle to the '05 I had before (that didn't have lumbar), I never tried to make any adjustment!

Thanks to TW for the heads up... friends helping friends!

17. Aug 7, 2010 at 9:49 AM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    LOL. Hell, at least I'm not the only one. The seat bottom is not long enough. After any kind of drive I find myself turning my legs to one side or the other to maintain comfort. My F150 Supercrew had a longer seat and was height adjustable which eliminated the discomfort of long legs hanging off the end. I will say that once I installed aftermarket neoprene seat covers the pain lessened. There is extra foam in the cover which adds support and makes up for the low seat bottom.

Products Discussed in

To Top