1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 NCAA Football

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by mws4ua, May 26, 2010.

1. Jan 10, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    mws4ua

mws4ua [OP] I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    When i opened this thread 99 days before the season started, I never would have guessed it would end like this. I thought the SEC would win its 5th straight, but didn't see Auburn doing it for us.

Congrats to the tigers. Wish we had a few plays in the Iron Bowl back, but that's the way it goes.

2. Jan 10, 2011 at 9:30 PM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    Nope not in my mind. I didn't even watch it. I have been hanging out with my boy watching spout tv

Heehee.

3. Jan 10, 2011 at 9:41 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    Yea, congrats Tigers. Or Eagles....or whatever y'all are.

For real though, congrats to all the AU fans in here.

4. Jan 10, 2011 at 9:46 PM
    VooDoo

VooDoo More Cowbell!

Member:
    First Name:
    Carter Ivey
    Baton Rouge, LA/ Starkville, MS
    Vehicle:
    '06 DC LB PreRunner
  5. Jan 10, 2011 at 9:57 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    I like the 5EC instead...I think Matt brought that one up.

6. Jan 10, 2011 at 9:59 PM
    Bullzi511Tacoma06

Bullzi511Tacoma06 KCCO

Member:
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Doublecab SR5
    This just in... Next years national championship game will be played in Atlanta one week after the regular season to save the hastle of waiting!

7. Jan 10, 2011 at 10:01 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    AND it'll be between 2 SEC schools to save the rest of the nation the embarrassment of another loss.

8. Jan 10, 2011 at 10:26 PM
    Bullzi511Tacoma06

Bullzi511Tacoma06 KCCO

Member:
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Doublecab SR5
    :D Bingo!

9. Jan 11, 2011 at 4:47 AM
    mws4ua

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    I did... If it catches on around the country, remember you saw it here first. I'm honestly surprised somebody else hasn't come up with it on a bigger stage than TW.

I think that was her point... 5EC championship game.

Y'all still have a coach? What's the latest?

10. Jan 11, 2011 at 4:57 AM
    Fuzzyman81

Fuzzyman81 The New Guy

Member:
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner TRD
    I'm not a SEC or PAC 10 guy so Let's be real here... Oregon "shut down" Auburns offense as well. They were also averaging over 40 points a game and were held to their 2nd lowest total of the season. So let's give the ducks some credit here. I saw MANY predictions saying they couldn't hang with Auburn and they proved them all wrong and stayed right with them for 60 complete minutes of football. Though I have to say it is hilarious how fans from other SEC schools can be jumping up and down and be happy for one of their rivals. I can't imagine EVER cheering for my rivals after they win a game much lless a National Title. So explain it to me? Does it make it easier to swallow them kicking your ass during the regular season if they win the title so you take pride in losing to the champ or what?

11. Jan 11, 2011 at 6:42 AM
    Bullzi511Tacoma06

Bullzi511Tacoma06 KCCO

Member:
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Doublecab SR5
    As of now, yes. I expect the news of him leaving to come out today but idk... He may just end up with a better contract here. I personally think it's time for him to go. He's done a tremendous job, but I don't think he can get us back into the big game. He's lost the majority of his fan base. And, this is his DREAM job that's waiting for him.... for the 2nd time. It's his last shot at it at 57 years old.

It's called respect. My LSU Tigers lost 2 games this year. We lost by 7 to Auburn and lost by 8 to Arkansas. Arkansas looked like absolute shit in their bowl game. And there wasn't much pretty about the NC game last night. But the better team came out on top. I bet there are many teams who wish they could say they only lost by a touchdown to the best team in the country. Last night was the result of two offenses getting rusty from having to wait 30+ days between games, and two defenses having that long to prepare.

People who don't belong to the SEC do not understand why we would be proud of a rival winning the title. Think of the SEC as a family. It's ok for us to talk shit about each other, but when somebody outside the family does, it makes us puff up. You want to see your family do well, right? Well our family does extremely well. 5 NC's in a row is something that cannot be argued with. Dominance is not deniable. Do I like Auburn? No. Do I like Cam Newton? No. Would I like to see them do well and represent the SEC as the powerhouse conference it is? Yes.

Idk if I cleared up anything for you, but that's how it works around here. Ohio State, Florida St, Oklahoma, Texas, and now Oregon have shown they can't overtake the SEC in the big game. We are 7/7 in BCS NC appearances. In order for an SEC school to get into that game, they have to battle their way through the most difficult schedules in the country. 'Any given team, any given day' is taken to the extreme on our fields. It may sound cocky, but the facts don't lie. So as much as it pisses off the rest of the country, we will continue to brag on the SEC until somebody can make us shut up.

12. Jan 11, 2011 at 6:46 AM
    jrdbrn

jrdbrn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '21 TRD Off Road
    I was rooting for Oregon. Cammy "Grin" Newton annoys the shit out of me.

13. Jan 11, 2011 at 6:48 AM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    x2, and everyone I know. I know he is predicted as 1st rounder, but can you say "Jamarcus Russel?" And how bout them smoking cute Oregon cheerleaders? Damn!

14. Jan 11, 2011 at 7:11 AM
    mws4ua

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    I think you misunderstand some of us. I was pulling HARD for the Ducks last night, because I'm an Alabama fan and there's nothing worse than watching your rival win it all. Obviously I wish we'd beaten them a few weeks ago and kept them out of the NC hunt, but that didn't happen. I'm sure Michigan fans hate watching Ohio State do well (when they manage to) and the same for Texas A&M fans watching Texas go to the title game last year, etc.

But now that it's over, and auburn won the damn thing, at least I can fall back on the fact that my team plays in the best conference in the country. Oregon couldn't be stopped... until they ran into a moderate SEC defense. Auburn won a lot of close games this year, so that's nothing new.

We all cheer against our team's rivals, but sometimes you have to find silver linings, and mine is the 5EC.

15. Jan 11, 2011 at 7:17 AM
    mws4ua

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    From the photoshop thread, courtesy of Evil Monkey...

It's subtle, but it's the 5EC!

[​IMG]

16. Jan 11, 2011 at 7:33 AM
    Ninja14

Ninja14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD OffRoad - 96 4runner 4x4
    I liked Oregon's uniforms.....all but the flat colored ones a couple games back

17. Jan 11, 2011 at 8:21 AM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd

Here's the way I see it: I'm not an Auburn fan. I SURE ain't a Scam or Nick Fairley fan. I was rootin hard for Bama to beat em in the Iron Bowl. But, they didn't. And my team wasn't in it. But someone from the SEC was. I don't know if I've ever hated an athlete much more than I hated Tebow, but I rooted for UF when they were in it. If my team isn't in it, what's the next best thing? Someone from my conference. It shuts people up when they cry about how the SEC isn't the best conference in the nation. For a team from this conference to make it to the NC game, that means they made it through the SEC schedule unscathed, which is ridiculous. We lost 49-31 to Auburn...but it was a closer game than the final score. We stayed with em and it was a close game til late in the 4th. We were a terrible team this year. I take pride in my team playing in the best conference in the nation. And I really take pride in my conference beating a team that's been so hyped. Like Matt said, AU's defense is a "moderate" SEC defense. Even Kentucky scored 34 points on em. But the "prolific" offense that was Oregon, who averaged like 1:40 on scoring drives, could only manage 19. Shows just how good the rest of their competition in the PAC 10 is.

18. Jan 11, 2011 at 8:25 AM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    Yeah, I guess. Well said Matt. As much as I hate go give credit to an SEC fan.;)

19. Jan 11, 2011 at 8:44 AM
    JoeBama

JoeBama Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Arab, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '10 PreRunner SR5 speedway blue
    Westin nerfs, Smitty bull, Undercover SE tonneau (all black)

20. Jan 11, 2011 at 8:53 AM
    mws4ua

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    Doubt it's ever happend... I know USC won the Heisman back to back, but not the NC. I would imagine the only states where it is likely to have happened are California, Texas, Florida....... any other?

I'm OK w/ Alabama fans who pulled for Auburn... I'm just not one of them. That might make me a bad person, but I'm OK w/ that, too.

Still... now that it's all over, I'm man enough to say congratulations to the champs.

Products Discussed in

To Top