1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 Odd passenger window behavior

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Frogdaddy, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Dec 9, 2009 at 7:13 PM
    Frogdaddy

Frogdaddy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ga.
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Pioneer MVH-p8200 hu with XM receiver using TSS supplied shark fin cable, Mud Flap cut mod.
    FYI, I did have window lock engaged earlier in the day.
    My son tried lowering window. Rear passenger window behaved as if the window lock was engaged. I checked it and it was off. All windows except front driver side had same problem. Engaged and disengaged lock and it finally went down but not all the way. I tried my switch and it went down sloooooooow into door. Then I couldn't get back up. Kept messing with lock with no response. It may be a coincidence but it went up without a problem after I was in drive and went into reverse to back into driveway.

How would toyota begin to troubleshoot something like this? I guess I'll have to try to reproduce on my own first. Loose plug on window lock?

Thanks

2. Dec 9, 2009 at 7:32 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Sounds like maybe the connections on the lock switch are loose, or maybe the switch is bad, dropping all the current at the switch and leaving very little to operate the window with. I'd crack into the door and see what you find. If its not a difficult job, try splicing the wires together without the switch and see if it fixes your problem. I doubt it'll be simple though since they're usually sealed connectors. You'd be cutting in behind the switch, and then have to splice it back together when you get a new switch.

3. Dec 9, 2009 at 8:20 PM
    Frogdaddy

Frogdaddy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ga.
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Pioneer MVH-p8200 hu with XM receiver using TSS supplied shark fin cable, Mud Flap cut mod.
    Thanks. Sounds logical enough.

Products Discussed in

To Top