1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 Regular cab with captain chair seats?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Barnone, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Apr 26, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    Barnone

Barnone [OP] Guest

At the Toyota web site
    http://www.toyota.com/tacoma/features.html
    under interior features
    if you click on the blue highlighted "Regular Cab" in the first radio paragraph it will display " Regular Cab 2-door cab with choice of bench or captain chair seats"

Could this be an option since I prefer the bucket type seats like in my 2002 regular cab?

I probably just wishing and hoping but I've heard a lot of complains about the bench seat ie. too low , uncomfortable.

If this is just an error on the Toyota web site, any ideas on swapping out the seats with another second gen or after market?

[​IMG]
    Seats in my 2002 reg cab are very good for a long run.

2. Apr 26, 2010 at 2:39 PM
    nhstang

nhstang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Nashua, NH
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport Double Cab
    Stainless Step Bars, Extang Trifecta Tonneau
  3. Apr 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM
    Barnone

Barnone [OP] Guest

nhstang,
    Thanks for the info. So maybe I could fit those in a 2010 if I could find some.

4. Apr 26, 2010 at 3:50 PM
    swervin22

swervin22 "Obviously, You're not a Golfer..."

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonas
    Chesapeake
    Vehicle:
    2004 Radiant Red Access Cab Off Road
    Im trying to find a set of buckets myself..... Not having much luck either? I did a search through a nationwide junk yard database, and one junkyard wrote me back quoting about 970 per seat.... Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.... Not sure how im gonna get the buckets to be honest? Maybe i can find somebody that prefers the bench seat? trade him, with some cash on the side? highly unlikely, but a guy can dream right??? haha. I wish you luck in your search, and if you stumble across somebody selling em cheap (relatively), let me know!!

5. Apr 26, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    Barnone

Barnone [OP] Guest

$970 per seat, wow. I gotta quit stealing cats and go for seats. Lot cleaner work.:) Just kidding.
    If I trade my first gen, I'll offer the seats to a first genner on this list. Swap out and give me a little sweetner.
    Could buy that truck off craigslist that nhstang came up with , swap out the seats and console and sell it with the bench seat. Some people like the bench seat when riding with the g/f. Me I say get a room.

Products Discussed in

To Top