1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 sr5 prerunner tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Detective_Dan, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Dec 8, 2009 at 8:14 PM
    Detective_Dan

Detective_Dan [OP] "Place original and witty user title here"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07
    Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    whatsup ladies and gentlemen

i have a 2010 sr5 prerunner that i bought a few weeks ago when i went home on leave from the air force.

its the sport model with the 18 inch alloys on it. im just looking for a good tire that is more aggressive tread pattern.

im currently stationed in new mexico but live in florida. so im looking for something thats gonna be able to hold on in the sand, not neccesseraly in the mud.

its only a 2 wheel drive so i dont wanna get my ass stuck in the deserts of new mexico hahaha.

if you have any ideas for me, i would much appreciate it

2. Dec 8, 2009 at 8:19 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    welcome, good choice with the taco. If I remember correctly you should have 17" wheels. I'd recommend any all-terrain tire such as Nitto Terra Grapplers, and stay close to stock size to maintain fuel efficiency. With speed you should do fine in sand.

3. Dec 8, 2009 at 8:23 PM
    Detective_Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    ya i think ur right on the 17's. i wasnt positive because im new to the tacoma lifestyle.

ive had the truck in sugar sand before and only had a little bit of trouble with stock rubber. the thing is, if i stop in sand, i want a tire that is gonna get some good traction and not just sit there and spin

4. Dec 9, 2009 at 12:08 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yeah the TRD Sports comes with 17's. You can go up to 265/70/17 on stock suspension without rubbing.

5. Dec 10, 2009 at 4:14 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    I use my truck out in the sand dunes and I run Nitto Terra Grapplers, never had an issue with them in the sand :cool:.

6. Mar 13, 2011 at 7:20 PM
    Detective_Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    hahahah this was my first thread

ive grown up soo much since then lol............

Products Discussed in

To Top