1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 Taco tranny and leaf spring update

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by shelby, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Mar 22, 2010 at 12:39 PM
    shelby

shelby [OP] New Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    10 Offroad
    Greetings all,

Was hesitant about pulling the trigger on a purchase on a new 2010 Off-Road due to all the "bad tranny" posts, as well as the leaf spring issue, but todays events changed that.

Turns out that the truck I am interested in was built in mid-February this year, and the problem has apparently been corrected now according to Toyota. I also spoke to Toyota customer care about the "3-leaf spring issue" (TSB 0305-08 Rev 2), and they recognized that it "could" be a problem for some "heavy haulers", but they would honor the fix should a customer have a problem.

Anyway, I pick up my sweet black Off-Road Tacoma tomorrow!! Will let you know if there is any tranny issues that still exist. I'm psyched!!!!!

2. Mar 22, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    cjh

cjh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    10 doublecab
    My 10 was purchased in feb. and built in october 09. The tranny shifts badly between first and second while going around corners. I doubt your truck will be any different. With only 250# in the bed there was a noticeable squat. I'm going to make an appointment to get both issues done soon.

To Top