1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 Tacoma Morimoto Mini D2S Retrofit

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by blawrie, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Apr 27, 2011 at 5:54 PM
    Grande

Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thomas, The little truck that could
    Painted badges. Bedlined grille, wheels and lower valence. Billies 5100 @.85 up front. Dodger Jack Ball Mod. Custom trail damaged rear bumper (for the time being). Lil LED light bar on grill. Hard-wired Radar Det. Custom Projector fog lights, Anytime Fog Mod, HIDS, White LED accent lighting on a Single post double toggle swicht, so they light up wit my door/dome light, or always on, or never on. LED map and dome lights.
    nice, yea i remember this other thread where they had to aim them and everything b4 they sealed them, but i think thats bcuz it was different projectors, but after i get my bumper and taillights fixed im gona follow ur steps, bcuz hologen is not "cutting" it, lol.....i kno what was bad joke:D

2. Jul 14, 2011 at 3:35 PM
    ShadesOfGrey

ShadesOfGrey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Salem, OR
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB, TRD Sport 4x4, MGM
    TRD Cat-Back Exhaust, Airaid CAI, Pro Comp 3" Suspension Lift, 17" Moto Metal rims w/ 33" Pro Comp tires, Powder Coated Pro-Tech Headache Rack & Toolbox
  3. Jul 15, 2011 at 11:23 PM
    JoedyV

JoedyV Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joedy
    TN
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road Prerunner
    Borla Exhaust K & N intake Morimoto BHLM Retrofits HID fog lights Rear Aux Working Lights BFG A/T KO tires
    Great Job on it man!!! Thumbs up!!

4. Jul 16, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    blawrie

blawrie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks man...everything still works flawlessly!!! I have been running this setup for 3 months now and the Osram bulbs have colorshifted to a beautiful purplish white. Love it!!!

5. Aug 30, 2011 at 3:59 PM
    Tacokevin

Tacokevin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    East Hartford, CT
    Kenwood Excelon DNX9960, Hertz speakers, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, 3" Toytec Bilstien 5100 coilovers, LR UCA, Diff Drop, Rear AAL Bilstien 5100's, XD Series Bully Wheels, 285/74R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Yellow fog lights w/ anytime mod to FJ oem switch, DTRL custom mod w/Switchback LED and stealth switch, Smoked Headlights, Wired Streamlight Rechargable LED flashlight, Color matched grill, Color matched power mirrors w/oem switch, Heated Murth Bicolor signal mirrors w/Highlander oem heater switch, URD short shifter
    Looks great.....how did you cut the dust shield to get it to seal good around wires and new bulb?

6. Sep 16, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    MC1983

MC1983 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle:
    2005 DCLB
    x2. do you have a picture of how much you trimmed to get such a nice seal on the bulb? Also, did you drill a hole for the bixenon solenoid wires or just ran them up with the bulbs?

Great mounting location for your ballasts, I was looking for something similar I could take advantage of a factory bolt and that looks to be the closest.

7. Sep 17, 2011 at 2:14 PM
    blawrie

blawrie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey guys, I just trimmed a little bit at a time and tested it with the bulb in until I figured I had a good seal. As for the bi-xenon wires, when I removed the original H4 bulb shield there was a hole leftover that I ran the wires through. Hope that helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top