1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 Tacoma RS3200 plus

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by tacoman89, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Mar 19, 2011 at 7:58 PM
    tacoman89

tacoman89 [OP] Member

Member:
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 2wd base
    Hello Experts, I just bought a 2010 Tacoma access cab base. It did not come with keyless entry and was under the impression that in order to put keyless on it I would have to go aftermarket. After talking with a dealership, they said that it can be done if the RS3200 plus was installed. (part number: pt398-35090.)

Has anyone done this before? I would love to get it if it meant that I could get a factory setup and still have keyless entry. I'm not really interested in the security part of it, just the keyless capability.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :cheers:

2. Mar 19, 2011 at 10:00 PM
    anethema

anethema Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper,OEM Roof rack modded for access cab, Allpro Rock Sliders,Icon Adjustable coilovers,More Tie Downs in bed, Firestone Airbags in rear,Block heater
    I'm sure for whatever price toyota would want, you could get remote start and keyless entry with several fobs.

I personally have a compustar system. It unlocks all the doors with one press. Starts the engine like a champ! The headlights don't auto-shutoff when I exit the vehicle when using it, but that is something I can deal with for sure. Even fix.

Don't have info on whatever RS3200 you're askin for though, sorry.

3. Mar 19, 2011 at 10:06 PM
    tacoman89

tacoman89 [OP] Member

Member:
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 2wd base
    No need to be sorry, I'm always open to opinions and info on other stuff aswell! especially if they are cheaper :p

4. Mar 19, 2011 at 10:13 PM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    That stock system is crap. All they do is add a shock sensor. I suggest aftermarket from a good shop not Besy Buy.

5. Mar 21, 2011 at 6:42 AM
    tacoman89

tacoman89 [OP] Member

Member:
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 2wd base
    Ha, well I found out the answer to this...You can't do it...I still want a factory unit with the truck though...any suggestions?

6. Mar 22, 2011 at 1:34 AM
    808TRDTaco10

808TRDTaco10 Black Sand Mirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Big Island--->Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    10 AC TRD OR 4x4 BSP; 08 Reg Cab 5 spd 4x4
    TRD Off Road No. 401 off the assembly line! ~ 19k miles 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac Load Range C | Toytec Ultimate Lift with Emu Dakar Leaf Packs | 3* Axle Shims, CB Drop, Sway Bar Relocates | AVS Vent Visors, AVS Bugshield | Scangauge II | Smoked Eagle Eyes Ebay LED Tails | Wet Okole Seat Covers | Weather Tech Floor Liners | Pop n Lock | OEM Bed Mat | Truxedo Lo Pro QT Tonneau Cover | TRD Cat Back Exhaust | Aftermarket Alarm System | Pro Coat "Electronic Rustproofing"
    x2 on aftermarket. I know you said that you want a factory system, but the system you want is probably more expensive than some of the basic aftermarket systems out there. Personally, I would just go ahead and get a basic security system while you're at it. Gives peace of mind and you never know when it might prevent your truck from being stolen/broken into.

7. Mar 22, 2011 at 4:48 AM
    Wattapunk

Wattapunk Stay lifted my friends !

Member:
    First Name:
    Uncle K
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2005 Dbl Cab LB 4x4 TRD
    Toytec CO's, IRONMAN rear leaf pack, All pro front bumper, Body Armor rear bumper, BA steps MB TKO's w/285/75/16 Terra Grapplers, Bakflip tonneau cover, autopage remote start alarm, Ultragauge
    Agree about going aftermarket. Why pay $500 for an inferior product versus one that has alot more options. I have seen the factory units periodically on Craigslist that won't even sell for $50.​

8. Mar 26, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    hpd5705

hpd5705 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2010 Red PreRunner
    Bull bar, tannoue cover, Pioneer AVIC 930BT, OEM alarm
    I installed the RS3200 Plus OEM alarm in my 2010 Tacoma PreRunner on 03/25/13. It is a lot of work requiring removal of numerous dash parts, pulling and exchanging electrical pins in one electrical connector and routing the long V5 wires/connectors from the drivers side, through the center dash and into the passenger electrical connections. The fit is tight. On the passenger side it states to plug in the V5 grey connector with the truck grey connector but the picture in the manual does not match up and the location where the manual states to do this is an empty spot. It was obvious a change was made by the manufacturer. I found a white 11P connector higher up that did the trick and installed the V5 grey connector to this 11P white connector. After it was all done it worked fine. Nothing had to be spliced or cut. It was all plug-in-play. Installing the RS3200 Plus in the Tacoma requires time and lots of patience.

The most useful tool I found that helped me was a 10mm socket and a light that my mom gave me that you wear on your head. Working with two hands and not having to handle a flashlight was a BIG plus.

After following the directions step-by-step, putting the negative battery cable back on and starting your truck, it will rev for awhile and then go back to normal. It took several hours.

My 2013 Corolla was way easier with half the connectors and length.

I hope this helps.

To Top