1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 Tacoma TPMS help!!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by NavyLDO, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Feb 4, 2012 at 10:48 PM
    NavyLDO

NavyLDO [OP] U.S. Navy Pride - HOOYAH!

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner SR5
    20" Panther 5 spoke wheels, billet upper and lower grill, running boards, low profile Kobalt box in bed
    I put some 20" wheels on my 2010 PreRunner and in hind sight, I would have ordered some applicalble TPMS sensors for the wheels before installing everything but I didn't.

Does anyone have a tried and tested method to either bypass or disable the blinking "!" light on the dash for this year/model? I'm sick of seeing this this thing every time I start my truck! I've read many methods to accomplish this from removing the radio and unplugging things to placing electrical tape over the light.

I just want to know if anyone else has a 2010 or 2011 Tacoma and has replaced the stock 17" wheels and dealt with the same issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, this is an incredible site, I truly enjoy reading posts from other Taco owners!!

PLEASE HELP!

2. Feb 5, 2012 at 7:52 AM
    bb609

bb609 O.F.

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport Access Cab
    FOX 2 1/2" CO's STOCK UCA's - They used to be Icons! Icons suck!!! TSB Rear w/Bilstein 5100's - Air Lift System - Leer 550 Bedcover - Ventshades - Yota Bed Mat - Sheepskins!!! - Weathertechs
  3. Feb 5, 2012 at 7:57 AM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    Cool fix^. Ive seen the pvc with two caps and air valve also. bb609 does the help with bumper drag?

4. Feb 5, 2012 at 8:16 AM
    bb609

bb609 O.F.

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport Access Cab
    FOX 2 1/2" CO's STOCK UCA's - They used to be Icons! Icons suck!!! TSB Rear w/Bilstein 5100's - Air Lift System - Leer 550 Bedcover - Ventshades - Yota Bed Mat - Sheepskins!!! - Weathertechs
    No but in hindsight, I probably should have mounted it on the other side to help offset the drivers side sag. :p

5. Feb 5, 2012 at 8:23 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Just put black electrical tape over the light, you'll never know it's there.

6. Feb 5, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    NavyLDO

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner SR5
    20" Panther 5 spoke wheels, billet upper and lower grill, running boards, low profile Kobalt box in bed
    I've read about the spare tire and pvc pipe fix and also the black tape fix but I was hoping someone had an actual electrical fix to this issues. When I took the stock wheels off to put on the 20's, I forgot to take the sensors out so I don't have one to use right now. I've heard some folks taking out the radio and unplugging the TPMS sensor behind but that was on a 2005 so I was curious if anyone has done this on the 2010.

Also, does anyone have a tested method to remove the guage cluster if I decide to do the black tape or remove the bulb route? I'm just nervous that I will damage something if I start taking it apart without any direction.

Thanks in advance, you guys are great!

7. Feb 5, 2012 at 10:27 AM
    NavyLDO

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner SR5
    Thanks... already done. Wouldn't be posting a question like this if I hadn't already done it. I'm a big fan of working smarter not harder.

8. Feb 5, 2012 at 3:21 PM
    NavyLDO

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner SR5
  9. Feb 5, 2012 at 7:37 PM
    NavyLDO

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner SR5
    Just went ahead and took the cluster apart and used some flat black electrical tape and covered it. After installing the lens and putting the cluster back in, you can't even see it. Best of all, it was free!

10. Feb 14, 2012 at 2:34 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    [​IMG]Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV[​IMG]

Products Discussed in