1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 tacoma with 37x13.5 (not mine)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kinkrider101, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Nov 23, 2011 at 8:15 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    I agree that if its your money, spend it at will. I was jsut stating my opinion that its pointless. Thats all. I agree, if you want a jacked up 2wd go for it, jsut dont get upset when people give you shit for having for having a jacked up 2wd.

I dont hate the drop bracket either. Never said anything bad about the drop bracket so. I jsut stated it had one.

2. Nov 23, 2011 at 8:38 PM
    HAWAIICALIVEGAZ

HAWAIICALIVEGAZ Desert Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    SHANE
    LAS VEGAS NV
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Pre Runner
    Dr Coilovers; Camburg UCAs; Sway bar Relocation block; Deaver J66 Leafs; ProComp extended travel rear shocks 6K HIDs & 13" antenna
    Those front bumper caps and fender lines look to be spot on! The ones I've seen so far don't look that good

3. Nov 23, 2011 at 8:41 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Its nice! except the tires! way too big for a tacoma.. and completely not functional.....

And A 2wd drive Pre-Runner can do pretty well offroad, so I understand why guys lift them.... A 2wd Ford Ranger on the other hand.. :D Dont hate the pre-runners! :)
    4wd is better though! hehe..

That guy could have atleast spent some money on a LT kit. then it might be somewhat functional.... :laugh:

4. Nov 23, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Fine. And I reserve the right to make fun of them for doing so.

If you want to toodle around on pavement, they make cars for that. Lifted 2wd on knobblies = posing, period. End of debate. THAT'S what bugs people - the misrepresentation.

Compared to what? Sedans?

5. Nov 23, 2011 at 8:44 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
  6. Nov 23, 2011 at 8:54 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    A 2wd OR version with a locker can do ok on mild stuff. A 2wd SPORT has no locker and a barely functional LSD, but when its on the VSC, ABS, ECM restrict your engine/tire spin so to get the most out of your engine you have to turn that off. Without a locker that truck turns into a 1 wheel drive truck... That thing couldnt even get up a steep drive way if its wet out!!!

7. Nov 23, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Ive seen it man! a pre-runner keep up with a 4x4.. spinning tires, but making it through some hard stuff....

So dont hate the pre-runners... they're pretty capable... SO, Period! End of Debate! :p

8. Nov 23, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    True that!!! for got to mention the TRD OR version was the truck that I saw. man I wish I had the Locker! :)

9. Nov 23, 2011 at 9:02 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    [​IMG]

10. Nov 23, 2011 at 9:03 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Your out of your MIND... I dont know what kind of offroading you do, but unless its a level graded gravel road or possibly some smooth wash running there is absolutly no way a pre-runner will go 95% of the places an equivilent 4x4 will go.

Get on youtube and look up 4wd vs 2wd with locker. Here, I will save you the time:
    http://youtu.be/yMLHtApOCwc

And that wasa 2wd with a locker, this monstrosity is not!

11. Nov 23, 2011 at 9:04 PM
    jjw1

jjw1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White DCSB TRD OR PreRunner
    Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Bed Cover, OEM Silver Step Bars, Debadged, Colormatched Satoshi, Wet Okoles, OEM Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Locking Gas Cap, and removed Mud Flaps
    Wanna talk about posing? I know and have seen several people with 4x4 trucks lifted that never leave the pavement. What do you call that? Owning a 4x4 just to say you have it so people wont give you shit if it's lifted is no different than lifting a 2wd...

12. Nov 23, 2011 at 9:04 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    You and me both, thats why I am dumping an ARB in the front/rear here soon when I re-gear.

13. Nov 23, 2011 at 9:06 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR

Correct. Give them an equal amount of hell.

14. Nov 23, 2011 at 9:09 PM
    jjw1

jjw1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White DCSB TRD OR PreRunner
    Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Bed Cover, OEM Silver Step Bars, Debadged, Colormatched Satoshi, Wet Okoles, OEM Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Locking Gas Cap, and removed Mud Flaps
    I will admit I use to think it was dumb to lift a 2wd that is until my first truck was 2wd and so is my current truck. It's a different ball game when you're the one with a truck that's 2wd and you like the lifted look...

15. Nov 23, 2011 at 9:11 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Indeed.

16. Nov 23, 2011 at 9:11 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Yeah yeah..... I know its not as capable as a 4x4. thats why a got a 4x4....:)

But its still a Tacoma, that can be good in "some" offroading. (not all, But some!)

17. Nov 23, 2011 at 9:12 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I agree, give them just as much shit. Trust me, my truck gets beat like a rented red headed step mule from a black sheep family.

18. Nov 23, 2011 at 9:14 PM
    rmahoney2013

rmahoney2013 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    California
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue Tacoma
  19. Nov 23, 2011 at 9:15 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    If you like the look then by all means, paint it pink and bedazzle the fuck out of it. Just be prepaired to get shit for it, just like if you make a "BAD ASS" lifted 2wd or a lifted 4wd that never leaves the road.

20. Nov 23, 2011 at 9:16 PM
    TurfTaco

TurfTaco Is there a long john silvers on the island?

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    285/75-16 BFG KM1's, AVS vent visors, AVS hood shield, pioneer avic F900BT, pac steering wheel control adapter, Boyo rearview camera, pac ipod interface, tinted windows, Toytec 1.5 AAL, Bistein 5100s (front set to .85) Eibach coils, Black headlights, grillcraft black billet insert, N-fab light bar, 4 Hella FF700 lights & color matched grille, Sockmonkey bedside decals. 16x8 MT sidebiters, Weathertechs, Fabtech spare carrier.
    So since you dont have a locker does that make yours a 2WD?

Products Discussed in

To Top