1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 Tacomas, any problems?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ink junky, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Mar 8, 2010 at 6:27 PM
    ink junky

ink junky [OP] I phucking hate people >:(

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    I just bought a 2010 tacoma 4x4 DC, trd off road at the end of january, my problem is that the rear shocks are squeaking as if their life depended on it.

I was wondering if any of the 2010 taco's are having the same problem, or any body with a 2nd gen taco is, my truck is stock, no mods except for the k&n cai so far.

I get in the truck they squeak, I jump on the back bumper or simply get on the bumper and they squeak, i accelerate and the squeak, I brake and they squeak,my dog jumps onto the back they squeak :D (not cuz she's fat) I go over a bump and they squeak,......i'm sure you guys get my point.

This is pretty disappointing considering i bought the truck BRAND NEW, i have never heard of other trucks having this problem but i have read other taco threads witht the same problem, is any body else having this squeaking problem?

I havent gotten the TSB for the rear shocks yet.

2. Mar 8, 2010 at 6:28 PM
    NWtacoma

NWtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    265/70/17 bfg AT
    so take it to the dealer.

3. Mar 8, 2010 at 6:28 PM
    DeathBound

DeathBound Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Never had that problem. I have a '10 SR5 4x4. Go get the TSB, should fix it.

4. Mar 8, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    sabian

sabian Active Member

Member:
    northern michigan
    Vehicle:
    SR5 tacoma
    2008 DC 4x4 SR5 did the same thing for months but seems to have squeaked itself out. Like you it freaked me a bit because it was new but i wouldnt sweat it. Maybe the suspension just breaks itself in or something but I hear virtually nothing now with 20,000 miles. Go figure

5. Mar 8, 2010 at 8:22 PM
    ickthus

ickthus Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DAVID
    MOBILE,AL
    Vehicle:
    OC
    2.75BL5100'S/UNDERCOVER
    wash the spring pack. don't ask me why. i just read it on here. hosed them down with a pressure washer and it them with a little liquid wrench. i never a peep again.:confused:

6. Mar 8, 2010 at 8:25 PM
    j1999t

j1999t Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    traded it in
    you wont get tsb shocks, only leaf springs, u already have the best trd shocks toyota supplies.... tho let them know in your repair order when you take it in

7. Mar 8, 2010 at 9:39 PM
    MarineTacoDriver

MarineTacoDriver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cherry Point
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4
    ARB front bumper, Warn M8000, ATO front/transmission/transfer case skids, Icon ext travel coilovers, Total Chaos UCA's, OME Dakar leaf springs, Bilstein/RCD 5100 3-4" lift shock, extended stainless brake lines, DrewFab shackle flip, rear ARB Airlocker, ARB air compressor
    I have the same squeak problem you do, oddly enough the only time it has stopped recently was after mudding. Washed the truck thoroughly and back to sounding like there is a family of mice living there. Only started after having the TSB done in my case though. Planning on trying some WD-40 whenever I remember to pick some up...

8. Mar 9, 2010 at 12:03 AM
    Country

Country Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Country
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl.-Everyone says it looks like a tank
    Pro Comp 6in lift w/ Icon Coilovers,AllPro UCA's, AllPro Baja Leaf pack, Bilstein 5150's in the rear. Tires Mickey Thompson MTZ 275/70R18 w/ procomp 7089 wheels. ARB front bumper with mile marker winch, Custom made all quarter inch steel rear bumper. Demello rock crusher slider's. CoverKing neoprene seat cover's, AllPro trail armor All-pro U-bolt flip kit with Timbren bump stops and many many many other mods, way to many to list.
    same problem on my 10 just let it take its course it will go away soon, trust me mine did.

To Top