1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 X-Runner Turbo Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Hacktacular, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Aug 25, 2017 at 6:09 PM
    Hacktacular

Hacktacular [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma X-Runner Turbo
    800cc Siemens/Deka Injectors URD Fuel Pump Upgrade Haltech Elite 2500 Custom Power Fab Precision Turbo 6676 @8 PSI 3" Custom Exhaust from turbo out
    Ohhh I know what it is but easier to start the engine and then check timing...lol

2. Aug 26, 2017 at 5:13 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Pretty nifty!

3. Aug 26, 2017 at 5:39 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Speaking of timing. What did you end up with your as your final degrees of timing Hack?

Curious how close it was to the number which I gave you.

4. Aug 26, 2017 at 9:19 AM
    MrCrowntown

MrCrowntown Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alyn
    Ky
    Vehicle:
    06 Extended cab Prerunner 2.7
    Dirt King Mid travel with King 2.5 coilovers, Baja Kits chase SUA with 14in fox smoothies under custom hangars.
    Thats not going to work with setting the TDC offset angle for the Haltech. I'll only really need it once, so thank god it was only 15 bucks lol

5. Aug 26, 2017 at 9:30 AM
    SoCOTaco

SoCOTaco Well-Known Moron

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitchell
    Lakewood, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4X4
    GFC, Fox 2.0's w/ Dakars, SCS BR6's, Fridge w/ Beer
    I noticed you did a TOB fix, was that the URD kit? Also, was your TOB squeaking before you replaced everything? Sick truck man!

6. Sep 5, 2017 at 4:03 AM
    Hacktacular

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    800cc Siemens/Deka Injectors URD Fuel Pump Upgrade Haltech Elite 2500 Custom Power Fab Precision Turbo 6676 @8 PSI 3" Custom Exhaust from turbo out
    Yes, URD. I had the TOB replaced under TSB because of the squeak. Once stock clutch slipped on dyno I changed it out and figured I might as well do this mod while I'm in there.

Torspd likes this.
  7. Sep 6, 2017 at 7:21 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Might not be the time, but a few questions. I know we discussed it a little, but did you ever hook up the analog wire of the AEM wideband to a spare AVI on the Haltech? @MrCrowntown and I were discussing him doing that, and that it should work. Thus circumventing the necessity for the Wideband CAN box.

Hacktacular[OP] likes this.
  8. Sep 6, 2017 at 7:25 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Curious how yours is running as well? Still crushing dreams?

After all of the water in my engine, I was having a stumbling issue sporatically, and then a rather lengthy episode today. Cleared itself up enough to make it home fine. Pulled out the sensors and re-calibrated them. Been a beauty since.

HomerTaco likes this.
  9. Sep 6, 2017 at 7:30 PM
    Hacktacular

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    It works fine Torspd. The biggest potential issus is that if the O2 somehow fails rich then engine will go lean and the ECU has no way to determine the failure. That is the benefit to the Haltech. BTW if any needs help once this storm passes, I have no problem logging in to see your screen and helping out...

MrCrowntown and HomerTaco like this.
  10. Sep 6, 2017 at 7:33 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Makes sense. Stay safe my man. :rain::pray:

@MrCrowntown certainly would like that. :cheers:

MrCrowntown likes this.
  11. Sep 6, 2017 at 7:38 PM
    Hacktacular

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    Still running good. Need to get to a load bearing dyno. Haven't run it much but the last couple BMW'S I ran, one was in awe and "couldn't get his race map loaded" and the second on had 16psi and kicked my ads by 2-3 cars. But I have a full truck 4 people. Needless to say he was impressed and wanted to pull over but I declined with the family in the truck....lol. Fun times with sleepers. Dyno and a bcv and it will get real interesting....glad you got that striker sorted out!

12. Sep 6, 2017 at 7:41 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Man, I would love to see yours at an autocross or road course. Maybe even FL2K. ;)

Out for the night brother!

13. Sep 7, 2017 at 11:23 PM
    MrCrowntown

Member:
    First Name:
    Alyn
    Ky
    Vehicle:
    Dirt King Mid travel with King 2.5 coilovers, Baja Kits chase SUA with 14in fox smoothies under custom hangars.
    I'm having some initial setup issues. Not sure where the problem lies exactly.

:bananadead:

14. Sep 19, 2017 at 5:33 PM
    Hacktacular

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    Not sure why I wasn't notified of this new reply but, whats up?

15. Sep 21, 2017 at 12:00 AM
    MrCrowntown

Member:
    First Name:
    Alyn
    Ky
    Vehicle:
    Im having a terrible time getting my truck to start.

Im getting good trigger signal, but isn't controlling my fuel correctly I think? I may be running into shitty injector problems.. I'm a total newb but am a quick study.

16. Sep 21, 2017 at 6:45 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    What was the voltage that you had to adjust?

17. Sep 21, 2017 at 7:42 AM
    Hacktacular

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    Does it actually start? I can teamveiwer in if you would like and have a look. As Torspd mentioned you will need the injector specifications if at all possible. Shoot me a PM with a number and a time after 6pm and I can try to log in and have a look. Torspd helped me with initial setup so it is just a matter of checking everything and finding important info like injector specs. I can offer a map that we know starts our trucks.

Do you have any errors in the diagnostics tab at all?

18. Sep 21, 2017 at 6:07 PM
    MrCrowntown

Member:
    First Name:
    Alyn
    Ky
    Vehicle:
    It started then either flooded itself out, or leaned out. The AFR gauge was all over.

Ive had to find comparable dead times from other modified denso 650cc injectors. I sourced mine from a speed shop in Thailand before I found options from the states.. and the language barrier is severe at best so they dont know what I'm asking of them.

Im currently on vacation in california, but when I get back to AZ I would definitely appreciate your assistance

19. Sep 21, 2017 at 7:36 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    What size did they start as, the Denso injectors?

I'll be an optimist and a realist. I hope that you can get those injectors to work. Otherwise you might very well need to purchase something more local. Deatschwerks, Injector Dynamics, etc, etc....

20. Sep 22, 2017 at 8:03 AM
    MrCrowntown

Member:
    First Name:
    Alyn
    Ky
    Vehicle:
    Im leaning towards that idea honestly...injector dynamics is a 20min drive from my house lol

And I think they start as stock tacoma injectors, but I couldn't find any dead times or flow rates for them..

Products Discussed in

To Top