1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 Dilemma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Sgian, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Mar 25, 2011 at 6:02 AM
    Sgian

Sgian [OP] Dark humor is like food, not everyone gets it.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sport DCSB Manual V-6 SC
    TRD Super Charger, URD 2.8 Super Charger Pulley, URD headers and full system, URD fuel pump upgrade, URD Short throw Shifter, AFE CAI, OME 886 coilovers with Nitrochargers, Dakar Leaves, Desert Products UCA's, FJ TRD Anthracite rims, BFG AT/TKO 285s, Redline Hood struts, Weathertech Ventshades, Weathertech Floormats, Speed Dawg shift knob, Coupe solid shifter, Relentless all around, Eyelids T2, Mr Yo Rearview mirror lift, ejector seats, Rigid D2s front and back, Rigid Light bar in skewp.
    Hello all,
    As soon as I get back from AFG, I am going to be ordering a Taco. After seeing the abuse these things can take out here, I can't wait to get one (sans the armor of course). Looking to get a Black DCSB with the 6 cylinder engine, supercharger, manual transmission and the TX/PRO package. For aftermarket armor, I'll be ordering Relentless front, back and sides. This will be my primary commuter vehicle when I can't ride my motorcycle the 80 mile round trip into Va Beach due to weather or the need to transport kit. For recreation, this truck will be doing beach duty as well as some dirt/mud trails, when I can. My indecision comes with lift kits. I am torn between a full OME kit with TC UCAs and Billies all around with AAL. I am planning on keeping the Rugged Trail tires on until they wear out, then go up in size. I have read many posts on the suspension systems, but can't quite make up my mind if I want to get the Billies so that I can change lift height once the new rubber is needed or just go for the EMU system and deal with the gangly teenager look for a while. Thank you for any advice that you provide. Another aftermarket question that I have, will all accessories for the '05-'10 models fit on the 2011? matt

2. Mar 25, 2011 at 6:05 AM
    ckeeton

ckeeton Bazinga

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC Trd Sport Gray
    trd sport with avid off road light bar, avid rock sliders. OEM roof rack, 12' LED light bar, and Sock monkey decals.
    sounds like you have a very nice build plan! look forward to seeing some pictures.
    i do not know anything about lifts so i will leave that to other people.

as far as the last question yes the 05+ will fit on all second gens.

thanks for your service!

3. Mar 25, 2011 at 7:24 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I'm pretty sure any '05 on part will fit the '11. Welcome back and thanks for your service!

4. Mar 25, 2011 at 11:14 AM
    Sgian

Sgian [OP] Dark humor is like food, not everyone gets it.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sport DCSB Manual V-6 SC
    TRD Super Charger, URD 2.8 Super Charger Pulley, URD headers and full system, URD fuel pump upgrade, URD Short throw Shifter, AFE CAI, OME 886 coilovers with Nitrochargers, Dakar Leaves, Desert Products UCA's, FJ TRD Anthracite rims, BFG AT/TKO 285s, Redline Hood struts, Weathertech Ventshades, Weathertech Floormats, Speed Dawg shift knob, Coupe solid shifter, Relentless all around, Eyelids T2, Mr Yo Rearview mirror lift, ejector seats, Rigid D2s front and back, Rigid Light bar in skewp.
    Thanks for the answer on the accessories, some retailers don't seem to update their compatibility charts very quickly. And I wish I was back home already, still have another two months......

Products Discussed in

To Top