1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 grille in a second generations tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nothinlikeayota, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Nov 7, 2010 at 1:40 AM
    JB3CK24

JB3CK24 Return to the 36 Chambers

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    SD, CA
    Vehicle:
    2001 4x4 TRD, 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    TRD FJ's, 16"x7.5" ...

2. Nov 7, 2010 at 1:42 AM
    AKtoyTaco

AKtoyTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Double Cab
    Just got my '11 in on Wed. love it, but I need to black out that emblem in the front. How/what did you use to do it? did you remove the emblem, paint it, and re-install, or did you paint it on the truck? what kind of paint? what color? did you sand it first? any other details you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks! and congrats on your new truck!

3. Nov 7, 2010 at 2:59 AM

09638 SCRAPER

Member:
    oahu,hawaii
    Vehicle:
    11 trd sport sr5 prerunner
    2% tint, 20% entire windshield tint, led bulbs, hids, debadged, grey plate covers, shaved antenna, alpine in dash, rockford t2 and amps, rockford highs and mids, 35x12.50x20 toyo mt's, 20x12 fuel octane's deep, 1.5 inch wheel spacers, camburg UCA's, 6" lift w/4" blocks & AAL, 3" body lift, open hood scoop, BHLM, painted emblem, K&N filters, weather tech mats. Next Mod: resevoir rear shocks, Vinyl camo wrap when I'm bored of the grey...
    You just pop the hood, and on top corners of the inside of the emblem there are two pins that hold it on. its very simple. you just push the pin down and pull the emblem out from the front toward you.

I just washed it and dryed it off and painted it with three coats on krylon gloss black and it looks perfect. if you want you can hit it with regular black then coats of clear, its up to you. sanding is not necessary because your emblems new and it will make the paint come out not as smooth and glossy.

dont spray super thick coats or it will run and let it dry between the coats for at least 25 minutes and at least 2 hours after you paint it. when your done you just insert the bottom of the emblem back into position then push the top of it on both sides and the pins will snap into place.

4. Nov 7, 2010 at 6:48 AM
    sandjunkie

sandjunkie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    OC
    That is exactly what I did with two differences. I first put 4 coats of Dupli-Color Adhesion promoter. Then 4 coats of Krylon Fusion for Plastic Black paint.

Products Discussed in

To Top