1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 Sport, XD Addicts

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by warbass, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Dec 7, 2011 at 12:48 PM
    warbass

warbass [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD Sport DC LB
    I'm getting conflicting advice from dealers about putting XD Addict 17x9 4.5" backspace on 2011 Taco TRD Sport DC LB with 3" lift. Some say they will fit, some say they won't. Anyone know firsthand? I see alot of Tacos on here with the addicts, one dealer said there was some change with the 2011 that made the addicts not work. Last thing I want is to have to unload some wheels I can't use! Thanks.

2. Dec 7, 2011 at 7:26 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Well of course the wheels will physically bolt up. The "fitting" has do with tire size. What size tires do you want to run?

There is nothing different about the 2011" that dealer is full of shit.

3. Dec 7, 2011 at 10:08 PM
    warbass

warbass [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    285/70r17. I think he mentioned a backspacing issue. I'm going ahead with it, will post if any problems.

4. Dec 7, 2011 at 10:35 PM
    Blkturbo!

Blkturbo! Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma; 05 Seadoo RXP; 94 Turbo Supra
    Icon Coilovers, Downsouth UCAs, rear Icon "2.5" shocks and Toytec single AAL. Still gotta do exhaust, dark headlights and re-gear the rear diff.
    I have the 18x9 Hoss wheels with 4.5in backspacing with my 2.5-3in coilover lift (KPT helped me in the past ;) ).
    My shit fits like a fucking glove with 285-65-18 Nitto TRAIL grapplers!!! ZERO regrets!!!!

EDIT: I eventually chose to stick with 18in wheels in order to keep the sport-look of the lower sidewall height with the 65 series tire....which also helps keep the overall diameter of the tire down (with a larger 285 wide tire) in comparison to what you'll end up with if you use a 70 series tire (equalling less chance of cab mount rubbing)!!! :)

5. Dec 8, 2011 at 8:32 AM
    CNewell

CNewell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Camron
    PA
    Vehicle:
    My '09 TRD Sport DCSB
    Hybrid Audio (front and back), Pioneer Shallow Mount 10" Sub, Pioneer 4ch Amp, bridged RE Audio Amp, WeatherTech Digital Fit (front and back), Flyzeye Interior LED, 18" Chrome Moto Metal 951's, 285/60/18 Cooper Zeon LTZ's, Bilstein 5100 shocks (front and back), Eibach coils, Light Racing/SPC UCA's, Black Billet Grille (5pc), Hella 500's, Black Diamond Light Bar, Truxedo LoProQT
    a 4.5" bs is ideal. That definitely is not the issue. You may have to do some trimming, but overall the bs on the wheels is perfect.

6. Dec 8, 2011 at 11:15 AM
    warbass

warbass [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    Nice wheels blkturbo! that is about what I'm going for. Duratrac 285/70r17 black addicts.

7. Dec 8, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    lopezoscar03

lopezoscar03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    lopezoscar03@gmail.com
    lopezoscar03@gmail.com
    Vehicle:
    lopezoscar03@gmail.com
    any updates on how your tires fit? i am debating that same size wheel and tire combo but knda scared it wont fit

8. Dec 8, 2011 at 5:13 PM
    warbass

warbass [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    Going down to Oregon next week to pick it all up (tax free ftw). I'll post a follow up after.

icon co's, uca's, rear shocks, addaleaf
    Afe intake
    Trd exhaust
    Addict black 17s, duratrac 285/70r17
    Snugtop

Hopefully I'm not driving back with new wheels in the bed lol. I think it will be fine with a bit of trimming

9. Dec 8, 2011 at 6:39 PM
    Blkturbo!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    Icon Coilovers, Downsouth UCAs, rear Icon "2.5" shocks and Toytec single AAL. Still gotta do exhaust, dark headlights and re-gear the rear diff.
    Just something to think about....your tire size will have a little taller overall diameter than my 285-65s
    And my 285-65s rub the cab mounts now, BUT, its only the very shoulder of the tires that are just barely touching the cab mounts at full turn only - nothing that needs and fixing or adjusting. So, im not sure how much more your 285-70s will rub. Probably the same deal though - not enough to really sweat over (maybe).

10. Dec 8, 2011 at 6:42 PM
    Blkturbo!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    Thats the same lift I have. The Icon C/Os and 2.5 rear Icons with a Toytec AAL.

11. Dec 11, 2011 at 6:07 PM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    You're talking about 12/100 of an inch difference or about 3mm.

12. Dec 11, 2011 at 6:31 PM
    Blkturbo!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    Plus, he would/should find out the real-world specs of those tires in that size. As it is, my Nittos are bigger all around in comparison to what a tire calculator tells you....so whoe knows yet how much more he'd actually be rubbing with Duratracs vs my Nittos.
    Its tough enough already squeezing the tire sizes that we all want under these little Tacomas, just look at the endless wheel/tire threads around here :D

Products Discussed in

To Top