1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 Taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Layzboy, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Feb 11, 2010 at 4:40 PM
    Layzboy

Layzboy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Glendale,AZ
    Vehicle:
    99 Rerunner TRD Off Road Sunfire Red Pearl
    Just gettin started
    Absolutely. Why would Toyota take the Taco and Tool a brand new Line to change it over and retool for a new model in a year? I believe that wouldn't be a financially sound move. That is at least what I was told the reason was that it would be a 2011 and not 2012. Remember the new 4Runner had No big Auto Show intro. The new 4Runner was quietly introduced:rasta:

2. Feb 13, 2010 at 11:57 AM
    phat_ride_69

phat_ride_69 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DCLB w/ JBL
    Westin Bull Bar with KC off road lamps, Nfab step bars, 5100's All Around, 1" Rear Spacer, 77 Series K&N Polished Intake,
    SOOO....anybody check out the show?? Is there a redesigned 2011?? wish I was closer to check it out

3. Feb 16, 2010 at 7:29 AM
    rendertrust

rendertrust Member

Member:
  4. Feb 16, 2010 at 8:16 PM
    rendertrust

rendertrust Member

Member:
    http://www.leftlanenews.com/toyota-halts-some-production-as-demand-slides.html

Tacoma is moving to San Antonio Plant. Training is going to happen during the down time retooling of the plant which also works to prevent over saturation of the Tundra market while Tundras are sitting on lots during the Recalls. But, will this be the new and improved Tacoma?

Furthermore, will the recent recalls lead to the San Antonio plant to have a higher standard of Quality Control taking us back to the 80's indestructible pickup?

5. Feb 18, 2010 at 11:34 PM
    Gitmo

Gitmo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    If they add black carpet I'm goin to be pissed. That's the only thing I despise about our Tacoma's.

6. Feb 18, 2010 at 11:47 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    Black carpet would be so much better. My Acura had black carpet and I loved it. I think the Tacoma redesign will be the 2012 model.

7. Feb 22, 2010 at 9:47 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
  8. Apr 20, 2010 at 8:34 AM
    knickerbocker

knickerbocker Well-Known Member

Member:
    middle
    Vehicle:
    '07 Indigo 4.0l 4x4
    the leading minor of order 1 is not positive definite.
    i don't know much but here's what i think: 4-runner had a v-8 and tacoma never did, so toyota may well want to reserve that option to draw people to more expensive vehicles...tacoma may never get the same power as those vehicles. plus, 4-runners and fj's are in segments with strong competition...they have to keep improving them to keep selling them. they're big profit-makers, so they can justify the money invested in improvements.

tacoma's already sell like hotcakes, and for the power-hungry, as someone else said, they have the blower, so i think toyota would invest as little money as possible in a strong, segment dominating seller. chevy and nissan are just trying to play catch-up (in sales) with their updates. besides, 2nd tacos' are still only 6 years old. probably only minor changes for at least a few more years, until some other companies start producing a compteting (in sales) vehicle.

9. Apr 20, 2010 at 8:40 AM
    knickerbocker

Member:
    middle
    Vehicle:
    '07 Indigo 4.0l 4x4
    wow. just saw the date. sorry 'bout the thread resurrection. man...i'm always late.

10. Apr 20, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    bruinsrme

bruinsrme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Worcester
    Vehicle:
    BRM 2010
    Two fold here.
    First a new model could spice up things.
    But the last thing Toyota needs is to introduce a total make over for one of their more stable vehicles.
    The way Toyota handles production and supply it may better suit them to be able to utilize old supplier while they integrate their new suppliers. Shipping parts from California on an established design is far less risky than dumping a redesigned platform full of unknowns.
    The procedures for training on the current model are in place and the majority of the bugs worked out.
    I would be surprised if there was a redesign.
    Disappointed that I bought a 10 model, not at all.

11. Apr 20, 2010 at 9:58 AM
    knickerbocker

Member:
    middle
    Vehicle:
    '07 Indigo 4.0l 4x4
    well....since it's going again...! maybe they'll dump the v6 all together. if they can get a little more power out of the 4-banger. similar to how they dumped the 8 in 4-runner. auto co's are constantly required to improve fleet fuel economy. and it would help separate the taco a little more from tundra (price, esp...so many reviewers say size and cost of tacoma, why not just get a tundra?). i wouldn't be surprised at all if 2-4 years no more V6.

Products Discussed in

To Top