1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 TRD Off Road DC 4x4 Upper Control Arm Installation

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by UH60Hwkdrvr, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Apr 11, 2012 at 8:28 PM
    UH60Hwkdrvr

UH60Hwkdrvr [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    El Paso, TX
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma Limited Nightshade 4x4
    As the title states, anyone with a 2011 install new upper control arms? If so, who cut the head off and installed new bolt from the rear? I am currently in South Korea and I am having a local shop do a lift and upper control arm istall, but they are hesitant to cut the bolt and attempt re-install from the rear. They are telling me they don't think there is enough room and that there may be differences between the 2010(where all the literature on the net seems to reference) and 2011 that will prevent installation.

Help! I would do all this myself, but I am without tools, a garage and the time to accomplish this.

M.A.C.

2. Apr 11, 2012 at 8:31 PM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    Oahu
    Its all that same truck.

3. Apr 11, 2012 at 8:34 PM
    TacoAlaMode

TacoAlaMode Mr. Midlife Crisis

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    10 DC LB MG 4X4 TRD Sport
    Icon Ext Coilover, Alcan Rear springs, Demello 3-Hoop Bumper and RockCrusher Sliders, Full tint 360', WeatherTech Floor liners and rainguards, Debadged, In Cabin 110 with 400w anytime, Diff breather mod
    Have them take a crescent wrench and roll the pinch weld out enough to just remove the bolt from the front. I did that and unclipped one wire loom mount. It was so easy, I just put them back in from the front when I put my new uppers on and bent it back straight.

Products Discussed in

To Top