2012 4Runner Leather Seats & Heat

Discussion in '4Runners' started by jonatay, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Jul 17, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    jonatay

jonatay [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    '19 Black DCSB TRD Offroad 4x4
    My wife and I are looking to replace our 2006 4Runner with a new 2012 Limited, but neither one of us are fans of leather seats. We live in TX and hate how they make you sweat and stick to the seats. Our problem is that all of the Limited models come with leather. The dealer says it is possible to swap out the seats at an extra charge, but I think I could negotiate that. I just wanted to get some opinions about leather and the heat. The salesman says that they are cooler than regular leather (I can't remember what he called it), but I don't just want to take his word for it, after all he is a salesman. Anyone else have the leather in a hot place like TX? Do you still sweat and stick to the seats?

2. Jul 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    jivewalker

jivewalker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack MeHoff
    Chucktown
    Vehicle:
    2012 4RUNNER TE w/KDSS, 2017 LAND CRUISER
    i just got a 2012 trail edition and have been happy so far with the water resistant fabric seats it came with. Just an option. If you dont want the leather, why not go with the trail edition?

3. Jul 17, 2012 at 10:10 AM
    jonatay

jonatay [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    '19 Black DCSB TRD Offroad 4x4
    My picky wife wants the Limited for the power running boards, wheels, chrome, smart key system, etc. Basically, she wants everything in the Limited package except leather.

4. Jul 21, 2012 at 8:17 PM
    andy2003

andy2003 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    WV
    Vehicle:
    16 4Runner SR5
    Love our 11 TE too! At least leather easy to keep clean or heck buy some high dollar made to fit seat covers on it.

5. Jul 21, 2012 at 8:20 PM
    LEGITacoma

LEGITacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma Prerunner
    Rockford Fosgate T0 in a Ported Box, Hifonics 1000.1, Pioneer AVIC Z-120BT Headunit w/ Rearview Camera
    Ya. Save the extra money it will take to swap them out and get some wet okles. Then you have a choice of leather when you want and cloth when you want.

6. Jul 21, 2012 at 8:35 PM
    RadSurfTaco

RadSurfTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    In Ocean or My Taco...trolling up & down Hwy 1
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner MGM DC SB
    I think you should get leather heated seats (wish they had this for Tacos), put Wet Okole's which look awesome, will keep your ass from sticking or burning on the leather when it's hot out, and keeps the seats looking pristine. When you go to sell it the seats will look awesome and you have an added selling feature. Nothing like heated seats when it's cold as hell out...or you can choose one of the other options mentioned above.

7. Aug 4, 2012 at 4:06 PM
    HKRunner

HKRunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4Runner
    like everyone else said....just purchase some seat covers. i have a '11 Trail edition and before winter hits ill be installing seat heaters in the factory cloth/sport fabric seats. Im moving back to GA mid winter and i be damned if i do a winter w/o heated seats. This 4Runner is my first vehicle with cloth seats and with no seat heaters - i kinda like that these seats are more "rugged" and "maintenance free"

Products Discussed in

To Top