1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 headlight....Not good!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by knine00, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Nov 22, 2011 at 2:58 PM
    knine00

knine00 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hudsonville, Mi
    Vehicle:
    12 PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    Stock for now
    So I just driving the other night and caught a big rock in my headlight. I called my toyota dealership and they ordered me a new headlight. They sent me a 2011 tacoma headlight thinking it was going to fit. Now I have no idea where to get a new headlight. Can anyone help me out here?

2. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    knine00

Member:
    Hudsonville, Mi
    Vehicle:
    Stock for now
    The next dealer it about 45 minutes away. This sucks. I have brand new truck and cant drive it! LOL

3. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:02 PM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    Toyota customer service rep. put him to work

4. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:04 PM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    You should have toyota care with a new truck. At least they should provide a rental if you cant drive it.

5. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:06 PM
    knine00

Member:
    Hudsonville, Mi
    Vehicle:
    Stock for now
    I have another car to drive I am just pissed I am not driving my new truck. I really hate waiting for parts and now they cant order parts tell next monday!

6. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:07 PM
    knine00

Member:
    Hudsonville, Mi
    Vehicle:
    Stock for now
    I doubt they will pull one off another 2012

7. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:07 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    Like whipper said, go up there, and pretty much demand them to pull one off another truck, push hard enough and they will give in. They screwed up, they deal with having a truck with 1 headlight.

8. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    All of what has been said is good. Just curious, did you have to pay for the new light and they ordered the incorrect one? Is a rock crack to the headlight covered under the warranty? Sorry if these are dumb questions, it has been a while since my truck has been covered.

9. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    knine00

Member:
    Hudsonville, Mi
    Vehicle:
    Stock for now
    I got no sympathy from them ordering the wrong headlight!

10. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:10 PM
    Maverick904

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    Plus I doubt they are moving trucks fast enough to worry about not having one ready to go before next week.

11. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:10 PM
    jjew18

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Was this covered under warranty or did you have to pay out of pocket?

12. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:10 PM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    They wont pull one off another truck. Somebody can order one and fedex it. Thats what i would be SCREAMING

13. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:11 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    wow...how do they not know LOL

but why is it the dealer fault that an accident happen? like mr Broccoli says, its insurance side of the house.

14. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:11 PM
    knine00

Member:
    Hudsonville, Mi
    Vehicle:
    Stock for now
    Headlight are covered if they become defective. I payed for the headlight when I ordered it. I picked it up today and took it home. I got home opened the box and was like SH*T!

15. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:13 PM
    Maverick904

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    Push hard enough and they will. My dad once went to pick up my sisters car for her birthday, on the way home from the dealership the tire went flat. (no punctures or slashes) So he threw on the spare and went right back to the dealership. Told them what was up, they pulled a matching rim and tire off another car and let him go. They tried to bullshit around it but if you stick to it they will give.

16. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:13 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    freakin dealer.... wow

17. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:14 PM
    knine00

Member:
    Hudsonville, Mi
    Vehicle:
    Stock for now
    I live in the back woods and was behind a pig truck. The rock was decent size you crack the lense, broken bulb, and broke off the projector or whatever is in the middle of the headlight.

18. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:14 PM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2011 and 2012 headlights are not the same part number im sure. Somebody there is a dummy.

19. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    jjew18

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    So it was an error with the order and you paid for it, I would be screaming they need to fix the problem pronto, whatever available source they havel.

20. Nov 22, 2011 at 3:17 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    im just trying to understand how he can fight this with the dealer.. .because if it was a melting issue or a broken reflector inside or a burnt bulb, something defective then possibly he could win the fight...

but because he was driving and a rock flew and hit the lights and broke it, i would honestly think its an insurance claim now... just like when you drive and you get rocks hitting your paint and it chips... you dont go back to the dealer and have them repaint it? well at least not for free/replacement.....

iono

Products Discussed in

To Top