1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 seat belt chime disable

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jesse.jamz, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Nov 6, 2011 at 12:54 PM
    jesse.jamz

jesse.jamz [OP] New Member

Member:
    I have tried the 2011 instructions and it is a no-go.

Is there a diffferent way to disable for the 2012s?

2. Nov 6, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    Crank up the tunes?

Fink

lpfe42 likes this.
  3. Nov 6, 2011 at 2:13 PM
    munkeeboi

munkeeboi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Burbank
    go to the dealership

4. Dec 13, 2011 at 7:08 PM
    Rosesplus

Rosesplus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Has anybody found a fix? It's driving me nuts.....

5. Dec 13, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    Quadsix

Quadsix Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Bonaire, Georgia/Palm Bay, Florida
    Vehicle:
    12 Quadcab TRD Sport Upgrade
    K&N Intake Filter, K&N Cabin Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Tailgate Mod, Wet Okole Seat Covers, WeatherTech rain visors/digital floor mats, 6K HID headlights, 4300 HID fog lights, Westin Bullbar, Westin side steps, Westin Bull Bar, Westin Quadrant LED Aux Lights, Bed mat, Rocky Mount Clutch SD Bike Mounts, LED Bed lights, Blue LED shift indicator
    Any luck with this?

6. Dec 13, 2011 at 7:16 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    Un-plug the connecter under the seats? I did that with my '01 when running wires for my radio and never hooked it back up the seat belt light and chime never come on.

7. Dec 13, 2011 at 7:38 PM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    TRD SKEWP DCSB 4x4 Silver Mica | URD TCAI/MAF CAL | BHLM | GrillCraft | FF Sliders | LED's All Around | 12v Constant On | EGR In Channel | 15% Tint | Trimmed mud flaps | Fog Light Anytime Mod | Debadged | Tailgate Hoseclamp | DTRL Switch | Disabled Lock Beep/Seatbelt Chime | Husky Liners | HID's | BedRug | WO Seat Covers | ABS Kill Switch | Oil Catch Can | Viper 5704 | Custom Carbon Cabin Filter | Backup Camera Anytime | 400W Anytime | In Cab Outlet W/USB | Firestone Ride Rites | Ams Oil All Around | 32" LED In Lower Grill | BlackVue DR500GW-HD |
    do a search, i went to the dealer, only way to disable without doing anything physical to wiring/stuff

8. Dec 13, 2011 at 7:39 PM
    tacomajamie

tacomajamie Well-Known Member

Member:
    There is a key cycle thingy in the owners manual to disable

9. Dec 13, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    cooktaco

cooktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    11 Dbl. cab TRD 4x4
    Weahertecs, Bed met, Snugtop, Avid sliders, TSB Springs, Bilstein 5100's @1.75,
    Nothing in the 11 manual on disabling. I have the white guages and the procedure for early 11's doesn't work.

If the 12 manual has instructions I would appreciate it if you could post them and I'll give it a shot on my 11.

10. Dec 13, 2011 at 8:07 PM
    Rosesplus

Rosesplus Well-Known Member

Member:
    I did a search that's how a came up with this thread. Dealer won't do it, I asked.

11. Dec 13, 2011 at 8:12 PM
    Vito Corleone

Vito Corleone Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canton, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD D/C
    3" Lift, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 285/75/16 Michelin LTD On TRD Wheels, 20% Tint, Front Skid Plate, Agri Cover Tonneau Cover. Bed Mat, Bed Extender, Tinted Taillamps, Silverstar Ultra Headlamp, Foglamp, DRL/Turn Signal Bulbs, LED Map Light, Dome Light, Reverse Light, Tag Light, And Front Marker Light Bulbs, Stainless Side Steps, Locking Bed Storage Compartment, Foglight Anytime Mod, LED Daytime Running Light Strips (Same As On XSP-X Package), Heated Leather Seats, And TRD Supercharger With URD Pulley. More To Come ...
    On the 2012, the correct way to disable the seatbelt chime is to take it to the dealer and have the dealer use the Toyota scan tool to disable it. I work for a Toyota dealer and did it myself. It took all of about 5 minutes to turn it off. There may be other ways, however, this is the easiest way and you don't have to worry about inadvertently disabling something else.

12. Dec 14, 2011 at 12:36 AM
    AntiTrust

AntiTrust Getaway Driver

Member:
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB TRD Sport
    Buckle your seatbelt? :)

I'd probably just call around to some local dealers until you find a service guy that will do it for you. A six-pack of a malty beverage seems to help sometimes.

13. Dec 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    hotrodbanshee

hotrodbanshee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    El Campo,Tx
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4X4 Double Cab
    What happens if I was to unplug the electrical connectors under the front seats? Would this cause any problems? I noticed there are like 3 connectors under the driver seat and 4 connectors under the passenger seat and they are different colors. Anyone know witch one is for the seatbelt chime? Maybe could connect a jumper to one of thge plugs.

14. Dec 14, 2011 at 7:11 PM
    jberry813

jberry813 Professional Fluffer Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.
    What happens when you put on your seatbelt?

15. Dec 14, 2011 at 7:32 PM
    hotrodbanshee

hotrodbanshee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    El Campo,Tx
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4X4 Double Cab
    I know I know should always wear my seatbelt.

16. Mar 4, 2012 at 6:48 PM
    gasmileageislame

gasmileageislame New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    vince
    yacolt,wa
    Vehicle:
    2012 tacoma 4 door
    leveling kit, 17" wheels and toyo tires
    Just did this to disable my alarm. For those of you that don't actually take your truck off road please keep your safety concerns to yourself(just trying to stick to the forum question). I do always wear my seat belt EXCEPT when up in the hills and driving in snow at 10mph. A seat belt is ridiculous at this time, getting out of the truck every 2 minutes and clicking and unclicking is unneccessary. Again, those of you that love the asphalt, please save the Oprah safety soap box. Okay, here goes, I'm no expert and there may be a faster way, but this is what worked for me. Remove all four bolts from your seat mounts, this allows easier access to the seat belt, and is very quick. Turn your seat sideways for better access. Just below the female end of the seat belt is a little plastic cover. Pop the cover off with a small flat tip screwdriver. Now look at what happens when you engage the male end of the seat belt into the female end. You should see a small white plastic piece(spring loaded) with a metal contact that goes down when you insert the male end. While the male end is inserted push down even farther on the white plastic piece with a small flat tip screwdriver. Remove the male end of the seat belt while still holding the white plastic piece down. You need to use something to hold the plastic piece down permanently, this is what will keep the alarm off. I inserted the large end of a zip-tie(smaller size) into the gap while the screwdriver was pushing down on the spring loaded plastic piece with the metal contact. Now remove the screwdriver and the plastic piece should stay down. Cut the excess part of the zip tie off and you're good to go. No alarm, and no light on the dash. This worked on my 2012 and my buddy just did his 2005 and it removed his warning light. Now if I could figure out how to disable the traction control and ABS. I tried today by removing the 30amp fuse, which actually worked but it left the undesirable warning lights on my dash. I removed one of the electrical sensors on the wheels and actually broke one trying to figure how they are activated. Any suggestions would be great.

17. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:20 PM
    forana

forana Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kaneohe, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2022 DCSB OR Lunar Rock
    No money, all went to truck...
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  18. Mar 5, 2012 at 12:57 AM
    landphil

landphil Fish are FOOD, not friends!

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    RIP 2006 Tacoma DCSB
    Tundra 5.7 mod
    A quick search here will bring up two main threads on this, one for trucks equipped with diff lock, one for trucks without. Happy reading.:cool:

19. Mar 15, 2012 at 10:16 AM
    HANS

HANS Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 TRD Sport DCAB
    6" stage II Pro comp lift, 35X12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers, 18''x9'' XD Striker wheels
    On the left side of your steering column there is a button you can push and hold that will turn off your traction control and vsc...no way to shut off the abs brakes though. I work for Toyota dealership and have a good friend thats one of our top mechanics...he'll do anything to my truck I want him to without questions...he says you're "shit out of luck" on the abs cuz it works in conjunction with some of the other safty systems. sorry brotha!:pout:

20. Mar 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM
    wvgoofy

wvgoofy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    charleston west virgina
    Vehicle:
    2014 tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    /husky liners/speed dog shifter knob
    I made a seatbelt blank out of 1/4 plastic and just plug it in and leave it:cool:

Marc70 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top