1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 Taco Design (Frame, Gate, Bed, Japan)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tacon, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Apr 11, 2012 at 8:32 PM
    Tacon

Tacon [OP] Member

Member:
    Newbee alert:) Hello everyone. I have a little exposure to Taco, Jeep, Chevy, Ford and GMC 4x4's. I picked my favorite 2012 Taco. I'd like to buy but I have a few questions.

What 2nd Gen frame mods have been made to reduce the frame rust problem found on earlier model Taco?

Is 2012 tail gate load limit 200 pounds? Anyone tried hauling heavy items like a street bike?

Where is metal bracing located under composite bed for mounting Roll Bar and cargo cleats?

Is the 4 cylinder engine still made in Japan?

Thanks.

2. Apr 13, 2012 at 7:57 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    i know a few day old thread.

1, they pretty much fixed the rust issue on 2nd gen. i have ’07 and have had over 300 pounds on my tail gate a few times. no binding at all.

2. the frame. but with the rail i have not found a need to add more. some do thats call the “D-RING MOD” they take out the front bolts that bolt bed to frame and add D-rings like their is in the back of the bed.

Products Discussed in

To Top