1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 Tacoma Dbl Cab 4X4

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Monster1, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Apr 18, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Monster1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    2012 Texas Edition DC Tacoma 4WD
    Weathertech digitals front and rear, TRD exhaust, Coverking dash mat, Oem Tacoma bedmat, Better Built tool box, bed extender, Toytec 1 1/2" AAL, Bilsteins front and rears, fronts set at .85, K&N filter, aluminum skid plate, EGR vent shades, locking tailgate handle, TRD emblems, Cal Trend seat covers front and back.
    I have a question on the leaf springs, I installed a 1.5" AAL and on the left side the springs are starting to slide just a little off center, how do I go about tightening the center bolt since I already cut the top to about 1/4" after the installation? The whole bolt just rotates when I try to tighten it, I want to know how I should go about getting the bolt tight. I looked on the forum and couldn't find any past experiences on this type of problem, maybe I just didn't look hard enough, I don't know, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Apr 19, 2013 at 3:24 AM

fireroad Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2010
    If you are going to try and tighten the centering pin any more you will need to be able to get underneath it and get a vise grip on the head that lines up with the divot on the axle. My understanding is that the centering pin just holds the leaves together until you get the U bolts on and tightened. Try loosening the U bolts and re-centering the pack then tighten the U bolts to spec. I am going to tackle installing my AAL this weekend so I may have some insight after the fact. You may want to check your local parts store to see if you can get a new centering pin.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
To Top