1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 tacoma dc ! rear lft !

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kimber45, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Oct 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM
    kimber45

kimber45 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jay
    ohio
    Vehicle:
    2012 db cab trd
    Interior -leds-weatherteach floor mats-chrome vents-20%tinited window-exterior-3" pro comp pro runner strutsin front/shocks rear-1"block-weather tech window gaurds-black grill craft mesh grill- hids headlights/fogs -airaid cold air intake/ doug thorley y pipes/banks ss monster cat bak exhaust-polished running boards!
    I purchased pro comp pro runners struts/shocks! in which front struts raised it nice almost 3" and rides great but i got 1" pro comp block for rear and it sits level .i want rear sit high than front like factory! i was thinkin of takin out block getting toytec aal 2"-3" ! and if i got aal would i need to get angled shims or drive shaft carrier bearing drop kit and shock mount extenders! if any one hav advice be greatful!

2. Oct 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture .45%er

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    VA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD
    flux capisitor, magnaflow muffler bearing, extra blinker fluid container. 6 inch wide stacks
    Hello OP. If I was in you situation, and you want the rear to be higher than the front, I would go either alcan or deaver leaf pack. Dont worry about blocks. You dont want those. I am not sure if you get a pack of OME Dakars and AAL to it if it would sit you high or not. If it does, go that route.:D Good Luck with your choice

3. Oct 8, 2012 at 2:26 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 GO VOLS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    get the all pro expo leaf pack. it’s made for a 3” lift and from what i under stand it will sit level WHEN you have 400 to 500 pounds in the bed so when you don’t have anything(or less than 400#) it should sit higher in the back, but i’m not 100% sure. maybe call them and ask if it sits higher than 3” when the bed is unloaded.

4. Oct 8, 2012 at 5:46 AM
    kimber45

kimber45 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jay
    ohio
    Vehicle:
    2012 db cab trd
    Interior -leds-weatherteach floor mats-chrome vents-20%tinited window-exterior-3" pro comp pro runner strutsin front/shocks rear-1"block-weather tech window gaurds-black grill craft mesh grill- hids headlights/fogs -airaid cold air intake/ doug thorley y pipes/banks ss monster cat bak exhaust-polished running boards!
    Thanks for the info im gona look into leaf paks ! i do alot of hunting and camping so to be able to put more weight in bed with out saggin would be good ! im just hoping to try and keep good ride the pro runners added and in a week or two put some 33s on it either general grabber at2s or bf all terrain tkos ! size 285/70/17 i belive is =33x11.50 size tire! so ill try and post piks soon ! if i go with leaf paks 3". or 2" aal ! u think i would need angled shims or carrier bearing drop kit to get drive shaft in rite angle to compisate rear lift ?or shock mount extenders ?

5. Oct 8, 2012 at 6:07 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 GO VOLS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    no prob! and the drive shaft shims or carrier bearing drop, may or may not be needed. pretty sure some guys have not had problems like some have. and the shocks you get should be adjustable and or just longer if they are set/ made for a 3” lift. i know the 6” lifted guys don’t have mount extenders, that shocks them selfless are longer.

6. Oct 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM
    kimber45

kimber45 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jay
    ohio
    Vehicle:
    2012 db cab trd
    Thanks the ! pro runner shocks in rear i have r good up two 2" lift so if i go 3" rear mite hav to use extender for now till
    i get new shocks to accomdate lift kinda thinkin blistiens with resivors heard were nice ! thanks for great advice

To Top